Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never ending repairs,when does it stop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010 | 09:17 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Default if their crap wasn't made in china it would cost 10 times more

Originally Posted by c50plus
A lot of people in denial here. Very interesting. A lot of good feedback also. I will continue fixing and riding. If the braking continues I will be riding something else with Harley clothes. Now that is a good product, they fit and wear really nice and they are made in china.
my 750 dollar FXRG jacket would cost 7500. at least the stitches would be still holding .....

Old 06-22-2010 | 09:23 AM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Originally Posted by Badfinger
What volume **** on an 08???
It's the **** that controls the volume of sound going to each speaker which are located just in front of the handlebars. Handlebars are where you put your hands to control the bike as you're going down the road.

Old 06-22-2010 | 09:54 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member

No "denial" here. I've owned many HD's and been fortunate not to have bought a problem machine and if I ever do I'll have absolutely no problem getting rid of the problem bike and moving on. If you're convinced a GW is the way to go - buy one, but realize they have their issues too (as do all). In the beginning I had some sympathy but the endless complaining has become oh so boring. Time to move on - Adios.

Old 06-22-2010 | 10:38 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

I don't think I'm in denial. I'm just saying I don't believe it's a major issue that the bike's are ill - designed or - built. Have I had to maintain the bike yes, "routine" maintenance on "fair wear and tear" parts I'm not counting. But the majority of the issues I have had are "self-inflicted." Your bike is a daily driver and sees more severe service than mine. I ride mine from about 150 - 400 miles most weekends, and one long trip of 3,000 miles or more a year. The rest of the time it's in the garage under a cover. It's probably pampered compared to yours, so I would expect you to have more service issues than mine. Let's see what happens when my bike reaches the miles your's has on it.

Old 06-22-2010 | 10:57 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Ya - I guess if peoples opinions and EXPERIENCEs dont fit into your little box - They are in denial.
Like I said - most issues with these bikes are self made.
And please do yourself a favor and drop by the Honda forum for a rude awakening on their issues and complaints. You won't - talk about denial?

Old 06-22-2010 | 11:02 AM
charheep
Intermediate

Here is my thoughts, even though no one asked.
Second HD, both bought brand new. 2002 Fat Boy FI. 32k miles and the only odd thing was a leak on the shifter seal. Could be me not maintaining the bike correctly or just something that happens. This happened at 30k miles . Traded it in on a 2010 RKC 6 weeks ago. 2000 miles and zero issues. I have ridden lots of miles and have ridden with GW, sportbikes, Big Dogs bikes, and old (pre 60's) HD's. Have seen some of them have issues during the ride first hand, or their owners tell me that have had issues or complaints. Is mine perfect? no. It is a air cooled engine with all its mechanicals sitting unprotected and stuff will happen from time to time. But I have never broke down, failed to start or had me nervous about taking week long trips on it. My first 3 bikes had more each that the 2 HD's put together. I hope that continues with this RKC. I am not in denial. I am talking personal facts. With one leak on my first HD in 8 riding seasons, and so far zero issues on a new bike, I can safely say that I have less issues with HD products than my Suzuki, Kawa, or Honda that I had previous.

Old 06-22-2010 | 11:10 AM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

I've had a series of little problems with my '08 Ultra Classic over the last three years and 27,000 miles. All were fixed under warranty. Good thing I had an extended warranty. I fixed the problem a couple of weeks ago by getting an Ultra Limited. About 2000 miles on it now and life is good. I got a longer extended warranty for this one. I spend more time riding than whining.

Old 06-22-2010 | 11:17 AM
Bluegrasser
Road Master

This is a very good troll post. Very subtle. Seems almost legit. It quietly interjects every troll cliche in the book, though. OP thinking about a Goldwing? Check. OP making fun of the "coolness factor" associated with Harleys? Check. OP complains about depreciation? Check. OP says everyone is in denial and only he knows the real truth about Harleys? Check.

Very sly, c50plus. Very sly.

Old 06-22-2010 | 11:27 AM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

You bet, you search any forum and you see hundreds of threads about bad things. What you DON"T see, are the tens of thousands of people that don't post when their product is doing just fine. It's human nature to complain about stuff, but not to compliment stuff when it is working as it should be.
Just remember there are a lot more that have no problems, than there are that have lots of problems

Old 06-22-2010 | 11:41 AM
swlamedic
Tourer

I have a 2007 with 26,000 miles have had only one problem. A bolt came out on my shift linkage, and I could not change gears. I have to "limp" in third gear to the gas station and fix it. Other than that, not a problem.

Though, I do agree with the bell. If you need one, let me know and I will buy you one and mail it to you. It sounds like you could use one. Hell, it sound like you could use a cold beer too!

At any rate, I hope nothing else goes wrong. Use locktite, and ALWAYS keep the old parts when you add accessories. You never know when you might need to go back to the old stock!

Quick Reply: Never ending repairs,when does it stop.