Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never ending repairs,when does it stop.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011 | 03:52 PM
scooty2321
Intermediate

Only trouble I've had is an ongoing problem.....when I'm going 75mph down the hiway i seem to have wind noise...LOL

Old 09-25-2011 | 04:36 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior

Maybe yours was assembled after a payday weekend and then still had ahangover.
I think my bike was also made on a monday after payday.

Old 09-25-2011 | 04:56 PM
firefighter156
Road Master

Originally Posted by c50plus
Maybe I am venting but since I bought my 08 UC brand new two years ago I have had a long list of issues that I have had to repair. Mostly minor issues ( but lots of them)with the exception of loosing power twice on the highway (limp mode). Regardless, all these minor things had to be fixed on way or another. This weekend I repaired a broken clamp that holds the Rinehart pipes (second time it happens). After I fixed it I said to myslef , I love this bike and hopefully no more fixing for a while. Went for a ride and then noticed that the front runing light was out and the volume **** had fallen off. When does it stop. How could you design a volume **** to last only two years?

I just want to be riding and not spending so much time repairing. Maybe it is that I have put 30K in two years? Love everything about this product except its quality. HD is a brilliant company, the bikes are like a drug, once you get hooked you are in for an expensive and frustrating ride. Otherwise I love riding this machine. Sorry if I offended anyone. Maybe I should not complaint here but these bikes are too much fun to ride and I am frustrated because it is a non stop thing with the repairs.
That is a bummer. I'm sure you are frustrated. It's like anything you buy. Some seem to never have an issue and some seem like there doomed from the start. Perhaps just a by-product of a mass produced machine?

Old 09-25-2011 | 10:56 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
Sorry to hear everyones problems. Seems like the bikes are either trouble free or filled with trouble. Doesn't seem to be any middle ground. All my HD bikes have been pretty trouble free.

If you want to experiance some real problems, and close to NO support from the dealers, purchase a Buell. When HD shut them down last fall, I bought a liquid cooled Buell 1125 from my local Harley dealer. This was absolutely one of the worst bikes I ever owned. I cant say much for Erik Buell's engineering. This bike had the gas tank IN the frame and when it was hot, gas would literally drip out in puddles and make the garage stink like gasoline. Had to have the California emisions canister put on to stop the drips and smell. The list with that bike went on and on and on! Only kept it 3 months. So if you think HD bikes are bad, get some of their Buells!
My FLHTI has been towed home twice. The air cooled Buell White Lightning has always made it home on it's own power.

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 09-25-2011 at 11:04 PM.