Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never ending repairs,when does it stop.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010 | 08:44 PM
axel black
Road Captain

ride the livin sh t out of it, and expect to fix it. ride it like a lilly and your expecting a freakin miracle.

Old 07-05-2010 | 10:13 PM
Kbore
Road Master

Originally Posted by c50plus
My bike is like a very hot woman, no paun intended. I put up with a lot of crap because she feels and looks so good. She is high mainteance. She is a lot of fun.
..that is sooo true and just couldn't be put any better....+1

Old 07-05-2010 | 10:40 PM
Terrabella
Road Master

My 09 UC with 25,000 miles on it since March 09 has not given me any problems at all. Two trips to Colorado and one to Oregon from CA in twelve months. Solid as a rock so far. The one thing I do however is check for loose bolts all around the bike on a regular bases, change oil at 3000 miles intervals and generally stay on top of things. I have found items that needed attention but better to find them while your are in your garage rather than in the middle of the Mojave desert. Overall, the bike has preformed well. Harley's are old school tech but, you know that when you buy one. High tech, get a Honda...you'll got fastest and cheaper but something will be missing because it isn't a Harley. That's just the way it is.

Old 07-05-2010 | 11:40 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't get it! I just don't get. Problems battery finally died, left fork leak, takes gas to run, needs oil changed regularly, have to check the damn tire pressure, bulbs burn out periodically, replace tires as needed, make really loud noise from the exhaust, air cleaner actually needs to be cleaned. Wait....I have to do the same damn thing for my cages too.

High tech? If that by all the bells and whistles electronics that isn't high tech it's accessories. Old school tech is mini bikes.

Like every machine out there you have to take care of it regardless of how hard or subtle you use it.

Old 07-06-2010 | 12:02 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior

Welcome to the world of Harley Davidson.

Harley's are not maintenance free motorcycles. Yes, they've come along way and yes, it makes you sick you paid all that money for something that you have to keep fvcking with.

And, it has to be you, not the dealership. You have to check and double check everything meticulously. Yeah, that might suck for some, but if you're that "some", then perhaps a Harley is not for you.

Hell, I tried to simply enjoy the new bike you see below for at least the first 1000 miles, but nope, didn't happen - lose connectors, low on oil, etc...and it came from the dealership that way, even after the 1000 mile service.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 07-06-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-06-2010 | 12:35 AM
thereal142
Road Captain

Ya know, all the whiners really would be better off on a 'Wing....PLUS the aerodynamics on a GoldWing are wind-tunnel tested so as to keep your SKIRT from billowing up around your man-*****...don't let the screen door hit you on your way out....

Old 07-06-2010 | 12:12 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain

Road Gremlin? I have to say I had my fair share of problems, my RK(fuel pumps,etc) and traded for an UC with lots of h.p. goodies and there went tires then the trans(and the little old lady that back over it). So I now have a SG and knock on wood the only problems I've had is an aftermarket muffler working back on the left side on long trips and the clamp is tight? Think its just a part of the life style we love.

Old 07-06-2010 | 02:13 PM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by thereal142
Ya know, all the whiners really would be better off on a 'Wing....PLUS the aerodynamics on a GoldWing are wind-tunnel tested so as to keep your SKIRT from billowing up around your man-*****...don't let the screen door hit you on your way out....
I like this reply. There seem to be a lot of WannaWingers around.

Old 07-09-2010 | 09:00 AM
mrnone
Road Master

I'm 20k into a 10 k bike. bought it to save gas. I would be 30k in it if I weren't as clever as I am.
I can whine all I want as I plot out the next 10 k I am gonna dump in it. I need a power commander anybody got one? argh make it stop....... cruise control, ugh gotta have it....remote control bag unlocker 700 dollars ooh.... gonna spend my kids prom money on that.....sorry hun..... it's not me it's the motorcycle. it makes me do dumb **** I swear it....

Old 09-25-2011 | 10:41 AM
lowflight
Advanced

Originally Posted by c50plus
My bike is like a very hot woman, no paun intended. I put up with a lot of crap because she feels and looks so good. She is high mainteance. She is a lot of fun.

Ha Ha Ha!...I'm lovin' this guys's attitude!

I started riding on Cushman motor scooters....I've had Hondas...bikes, cars, and snowblowers....all great machines...

I've had Bombadier dirt bikes....great dirt bikes, and I loved them....

I bought my first Harley this year....a 2003 FXSTB/I, Night Train....and I LOVE this machine!....

I guess I've just lead a charmed life, as all my bikes have performed almost flawlessly...except for one little Honda XL250...that darn thing was a "beach" to start, for some reason...never could figure it out, and neither could two separate Honda dealers....so, I finally gave up, and sold it.

My Night Train had 10,069 miles on it, when I got it...it's at almost 14,000 right now....

When I got it, the speedometer didn't work, so I replaced the switch that controls that....the rear brake light also didn't come on when using the front brakes...didn't even know that until recently when another "Harley guy" pointed it out to me at a red light...so, I'm either gonna fix that, or replace the switch this week...

I realize that I'm still "new" to Harleys, and I truly feel for the original poster....but, as I said....I've lovin' c50plus's attitude ....and my Night Train....works for me!

Quick Reply: Never ending repairs,when does it stop.