Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone really pop Touring Bike saddlebags off with a screwdriver?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:50 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone really pop Touring Bike saddlebags off with a screwdriver?

a box end wrench would be easier....a flat ratch box end even better....just unbolt the mounting flanges from the frame....dosn't matter how its mounted to the flanges, once the bolts are removed, the bags are coming off.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:27 AM
julesdain
Road Captain
Veteran: Canadian Forces
Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
a box end wrench would be easier....a flat ratch box end even better....just unbolt the mounting flanges from the frame....dosn't matter how its mounted to the flanges, once the bolts are removed, the bags are coming off.
True but that would take more time. The product, I believe, is designed to protect against the "smash and grab" thief.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Just so you know, we would never expect to force our products on anyone
Didn't say you that you did. I was responding to some of those here who seem to get offended when ideas are offered that might cut into a sponsor's pocketbook. I think you have a great idea by the way and thank you for being a sponsor.

Every product we have produced, since our SaddelbagSecure®, has been because customers have asked for it. Our newest product to be launched soon (to secure the tour packs or pillion seat backs) has been requested at least twice a week for months from different people.
Yeah, that's kinda how business works. I might purchase one of your products at some point myself. I wasn't knocking your products or your company.

Our goal is not to force our products on anyone, but to meet a need within the community for people who are interested in what we have to offer.
Ditto above reply.

We enjoy being a part of the HDForum community, and plan on continuing as long as we can afford it - but we will never attack anyone for coming up with their own way of handling any securing problem.
Did I say you attacked somebody??? Sheeesh! Somebody mentioned "class"!?? My post wasn't directed at your company. It was directed at those scolding other members for mentioning how easy and cheap this could be done if one had just a little mechanical ability..........which many do not. Which is why, I am sure, you came up with this product to start with. It was/is a great idea!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

I removed the fastener spring clips on the two rear connectors and put a round headed bolt thought from the backside with washers and a wing nuts on the inside. Left front spring clicks on.
Problem solved for less than $2 bucks.

Last edited by jamesroadking; 07-18-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511
Didn't say you that you did. I was responding to some of those here who seem to get offended when ideas are offered that might cut into a sponsor's pocketbook. I think you have a great idea by the way and thank you for being a sponsor.

Yeah, that's kinda how business works. I might purchase one of your products at some point myself. I wasn't knocking your products or your company.

Ditto above reply.

Did I say you attacked somebody??? Sheeesh! Somebody mentioned "class"!?? My post wasn't directed at your company. It was directed at those scolding other members for mentioning how easy and cheap this could be done if one had just a little mechanical ability..........which many do not. Which is why, I am sure, you came up with this product to start with. It was/is a great idea!
Thanks, Man! And no, you didn't say I attacked anyone. haha I was just making a statement that I wouldn't ever do that.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:05 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
I'm with u....26 buck for 4 dollars worth of bolts is silly.
Ditto! I bought all the stuff to secure mine for about 6 bucks and that included some extras too just in case.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:49 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Thanks, Man! And no, you didn't say I attacked anyone. haha I was just making a statement that I wouldn't ever do that.
I would be surprised if you did. I think what you are doing is great! Everybody would buy your products, except some of us are like you and like to come up with and make improvements on our own. There is room for everybody.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:05 PM
BorrachoMidget
Supporter

Another happy customer! Saddlebag secure shipped quick, & installation was very easy on my 2000 RK. Thanks for the great service!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BorrachoMidget
Another happy customer! Saddlebag secure shipped quick, & installation was very easy on my 2000 RK. Thanks for the great service!
Great! Glad you're happy. And thanks for posting about it.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Something that I have learned in my 70 years. Never rely on testimonials to make any decision.