Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knoxville Bike Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts
Default Knoxville Bike Rally

We've been to the Knoxville Bike Rally, so far so good. Went to the vendors yesterday, smaller than the Hoot was, but this rally will need to grow, word of mouth will be the best.

Course the riding in the Smokey's is always fantastic!!!! Weather has been HOT! 100 degrees yesterday....but all and all it's been nice.

Found out that there's a Cherohala Harley Davidson..on the skyway..never knew that. Might be a satellite store from another dealership....we didn't stop.

Will post some pictures when we return home.

Be safe all...

Old 06-19-2010, 09:47 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
Found out that there's a Cherohala Harley Davidson..on the skyway..never knew that. Might be a satellite store from another dealership....we didn't stop.
Cherahola HD
US 129 HD
Gatlinburg HD
Pigeon Forge HD
Bluegrass HD (in Kentucky)

Some of these are satellite stores for swag, no motorcycle sales.

All of these are owned by Scott Maddux...owner of Smoky Mtn HD.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
chuskey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson in Maryville & Pigeon Forge TN plus Wild Kat in Bluegrass KY are all full dealerships, the rest are just merchandise depots.

I was at the rally Fri. evening and most of the day Saturday. I came to help my Dad get his bike cleaned and shiny for the bike show, other than the 30 minutes of rain, Saturday turned out to be a really nice day, and I think the rain actually helped to cool it down.

Had a good time. For a first year rally I thought it was really well organized. There's always room for improvement, but again for a first year, it went really well. Good vendors, friendly folks, lot's of nice bikes, and all the amazing places to ride in and around the Smoky Mountains. They have a 5 year contract to do the show, with the option to renew if takes off, so they for sure need all the word of mouth they can get.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well organized event. Hopefully it will grow over time. Probably need to get better scheduling because I believe the June Bug Boogie was happening at the same time.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

I think the dates are the same as the Honda hoot was...trying to capture the same bikes and riders, all brands....we had a good time, sure it was a little on the small side, but it has to grow.....word of mouth will help it become a great event.
You can't beat the area for riding...

Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Myself and a friend are headind that way on july 7th or 8th anyting going on then?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 AM
chuskey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill1nat
Myself and a friend are headind that way on july 7th or 8th anyting going on then?
Every Thursday at Quaker Steak and Lube in Knoxville there is a huge bike night. Several hundred bikes, live music, cold beer, and a few vendors. Fri and Sat. nights at Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson in Maryville they have live music at the huge concert venue beside the shop called "The Shed" 1/2 pice if your riding.

No major rally's or rides going on that I know of though. Maybe a few local poker runs here and there.