Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:47 PM
jurob
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...#ht_2666wt_989

Anybody have this? Fit and finish? 4 5" speakers good sound?

Tks

Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

There are lots of threads about the Reckless fairings both here and on other forums. Just do a google search and you can have hours of entertaining reading. It is a contentious subject, and I'm not in the mood to get into another flame war today. I would not buy one. Other guys have, and are happy.

If you really want to know what I think of them and why, shoot me a pm. I'd be happy to discuss with you personally.

Last edited by Mike; 06-19-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:30 PM
jurob
Tourer

That was helpful, assuming you don't have one

Old 06-18-2010, 04:21 PM
GreenRK
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just saw them at the Knoxville Rally. They looked OK for the money. They had ones for 6x9 speakers too. I'm a half hour from them so when I have time later in the year I will take a closer look.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:34 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I recently installed a Reckless fairing on my Nomad. With the fairing, paint, stereo and speakers, I am into it around a grand. Personally, I love it. I just returned from an 1800 mile trip and rally in Cortez CO, and it was sure great to have music and not have to constantly fidget with ear buds, etc. Plus, the bike handles better without a huge slab of plexiglass out front.

However, it is not the same as say, a factory HD fairing. It is essentially an expensive boombox. I suppose you could install some gauges in it, but the inside space is limited.

Having said that, it is a very good value for the money and is on par with the fairings offered by Tsukayu and Wide Open Customs, albeit at half their price. I don't regret the purchase one bit.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:30 AM
teninthemaking
6th Gear
Default Complete package

I have been considering a new Reckless fairing, in fact I am very close to ordering, but I was planning on ordering an all inclusive package stereo/speakers/paint/shield. In almost every forum I have read people seem to favor ordering the raw fairing and finishing it themselves.

I am wondering if you guys know something I should consider before I order.

The all inclusive package seems like a great deal in comparison to building it out yourself, is the stereo they offer not a good one? any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 06-20-2010, 05:48 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I ordered my fairing from them with no sound system, but with the cutouts for 6.5" speakers and the head unit. I haven't seen one of their sound systems, but I'm the kind of guy who likes to design his own setup.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I found out last year that when you buy a cheap fairing you get a cheap fairing. Save your money buy a Woody's!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM
teninthemaking
6th Gear
Default for Jag

Jag, did you order a Reckless fairing?

Old 06-23-2010, 12:46 AM
jurob
Tourer

I'll be buying one in a couple of weeks.

I read numerous threads on them on different forums and the biggest naysayers never had or seen one. On a vtx board there is a very long post that I read and it just reaffirmed to me that I will be getting one. Google seaRch reckless fairing.

woody's fairing? Too pricey compared to the reckless. Reckless claims made in America which I don't believe, but I got to get the right price no matter where it's made.

Quick Reply: Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?