Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:43 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tazman527
I live in Gilbert and looking at getting a Reckless fairing. Does it really fit right in place of the quick detach windshield. Like take off the windshield and put on the fairing with the hardware they send? Paint. Who painted your? Lots of guys out there and I only want to do this once. FLSTN Deluxe sunglo red (3 step color) 2009.
I had mine painted vivid black by Roe's Custom Paint in Chandler. Since it was black, I probably got off a little easier than you would with deluxe sunglo red.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 AM
budwyzerman
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reckless service is terrible

I bought a new fairing from reckless. I bought it complete , paint, stereo, chrome trim. Every option. When you order they ask for pictures of you bike to assure fitment and color. Well didn't fit at all. Comes with a ugly water proof stereo housing with the sony deck. When I called to get different brackets they start pointing fingers at me instantly. They don't even try to help. Had to send pictures of the problems three times and talked to three different people who never called me back. With the bars hitting the speakers all ready owner told me to put a two inch raiser on my bike and try that? Drill more holes and try and make the wrong brackets work? Holes in a new fairing?*******. Lastly the housing itself fits together like ****. Rain is going to run into the amp/ speaker area. Save the headache and buy from a better company. I bought the $1800 unit on sale for $1500 and it sucks.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Gotham
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I didn't like my Reckless because it seemed to sit up high and I'm short.

Ed

Old 07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
ndnguyd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the name fits the company..lol

Old 07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by budwyzerman
I bought a new fairing from reckless. I bought it complete , paint, stereo, chrome trim. Every option. When you order they ask for pictures of you bike to assure fitment and color. Well didn't fit at all. Comes with a ugly water proof stereo housing with the sony deck. When I called to get different brackets they start pointing fingers at me instantly. They don't even try to help. Had to send pictures of the problems three times and talked to three different people who never called me back. With the bars hitting the speakers all ready owner told me to put a two inch raiser on my bike and try that? Drill more holes and try and make the wrong brackets work? Holes in a new fairing?*******. Lastly the housing itself fits together like ****. Rain is going to run into the amp/ speaker area. Save the headache and buy from a better company. I bought the $1800 unit on sale for $1500 and it sucks.

Wow! Sorry you had trouble.

I am completely satisfied with my Reckless fairing. I did re-drill the mounts just to tilt the fairing back and down. It was alright like it was but I just wanted it to fit really tight to the headlamp nacelle.

I would buy the Reckless again, no regrets here.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
ChicanoRoadking07
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good topic....I installed a DragonFly on my 07 road king....thank god I ordered it not painted and thank God I did so....had it on for about 2 weeks and got cut off by a car and hit center divider....with that said....I believe any fairing is a good investment....am I going to put another dragon fly on this time.....most likely not...I was not to impressed with the deck itself that I purchased with it....all in all for just under 2k I think I will go with a Reckless fairing this time around I have a few buddies that have them and are very pleased with it.....the reason I say any fairing is good is because I believe it saved me from getting more banged up than I did as it took a good scrape @ 70 mph against a center divider....it held up just fine against that, however it is also cumbersome to get it together (front and back) as I installed it myself....the music quality was so/so in my opinion for what they are pushing about the sound quality that would be my complaint....over all construction I would have to say it was ok....

Old 07-18-2013, 10:54 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

I put my Dragonfly up for sale. Inside is Redhot Sunglow w custom pin stripes and outer is professionally done primer. Brand new Sony Marine stereo, Klockwerks recurve windshield, etc.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...y-fairing.html

Old 08-09-2013, 07:05 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budwyzerman
First post and you seem to be the only one to ever have a problem with a Reckless Fairing... No way, that doesn't sound fishy at all.. My fairing mounted right up without any modifications at all.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 PM
PHXBiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems what so ever with mine. Clears the handle bars fine the way they came from the factory and about a quarter inch clearance from the hand controls/brake reservoir. Fits perfect and solid at 85 down the freeway. Didn't have it painted and looks fine on my vivid black bike, but maybe get it painted someday to get a little deeper coler but really not needed.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old thread, but I'll contribute anyway. I live about 15 minutes from where they are made and assembled. I have stopped by several times to talk to the owners and have always had a great experiences. Even though the owner (Alex) was always hands on in the assembly process when I arrived, he always stopped working and took the time to answer all questions and show me around.

I bought a primered batwing with the holes already cut & drilled and added the marine radio, cover, and speakers myself. I left the two outer speaker areas uncut to mount mirrors. I had a friend paint it to match my metric bike and it turned out great. I have nothing but good things to say about the product and the company. If I ever needed another batwing, they would be my first choice.

Last edited by ZenGlide; 08-09-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?