Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Grumpy13
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put one on my Roadking last year, full turn key job with head unit 4 speakers and paint. It looks good (not crazy about the black trim either), sounds great, and blocks some wind. I am very pleased with the reckless.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:26 AM
cpotts454
Cruiser

I just wanted to chime in on this thread with a recent experience. I bought a reckless fairing and it came in nearly flawless. The inner and outer didnt match completely underneath the headlight, but it was so close, and couldn't be seen when installed the bike. The only complaint was that the fairing cracked a VERY small amount around the center bolt hole of the wind screen. I called Alex (the owner) and he made it right by sending money back in order for the crack to be fixed professionally. He was very professional, and I would defiantly do business with reckless again.

-Cory

Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I like my completely detachable homemade fairing made from HD OEM inner and outer fairing shells sandwiched around a RK windshield for under $500. And that includes the cheapazz eBay amp and stock HD speakers for my iPod. But not everybody wants to build it from scratch like I do.

Funny thing is the sound quality and volume of my cheap china made amp and stock HD 2-ohm speakers is barely descearnable from my friends Hog tunes amp and speaker set up in his SG. Makes him mad.

Attached Thumbnails Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?-07-29-09_1721.jpg  
Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^That's a pretty cool set-up. I finally got mine all put together and installed on my bike last week. I've got some progress pics but they're on my camera at home and I'm at work. I'll try to add them tomorrow if I can.

EDIT:

Here are some pics I stole off my Facebook:

Name:  fairing2.jpg
Views: 2835
Size:  94.6 KB

Name:  fairing.jpg
Views: 1726
Size:  92.0 KB

Last edited by JBourquin; 06-30-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:17 PM
tazman527
Novice

Originally Posted by slhanks4
I recently installed a Reckless fairing on my Nomad. With the fairing, paint, stereo and speakers, I am into it around a grand. Personally, I love it. I just returned from an 1800 mile trip and rally in Cortez CO, and it was sure great to have music and not have to constantly fidget with ear buds, etc. Plus, the bike handles better without a huge slab of plexiglass out front.

However, it is not the same as say, a factory HD fairing. It is essentially an expensive boombox. I suppose you could install some gauges in it, but the inside space is limited.

Having said that, it is a very good value for the money and is on par with the fairings offered by Tsukayu and Wide Open Customs, albeit at half their price. I don't regret the purchase one bit.
I live in Gilbert and looking at getting a Reckless fairing. Does it really fit right in place of the quick detach windshield. Like take off the windshield and put on the fairing with the hardware they send? Paint. Who painted your? Lots of guys out there and I only want to do this once. FLSTN Deluxe sunglo red (3 step color) 2009.

Last edited by tazman527; 10-22-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: insert my e-mail address
Old 10-23-2011, 06:12 PM
JBourquin
Road Master

Yes, other than plugging in the wires to power the stereo, you pull off the windshield snd slide the fairing on. Uses the exact same mounting points. You can pull it off and put your windshield back on in about 30sec, as if you'ld ever want to...

Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 PM
tazman527
Novice

Many thanks. Who painted yours?

Old 10-23-2011, 09:54 PM
tazman527
Novice

What the ? You live up by my daughter. I live in Gilbert az. I will have to find my painter.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:56 PM
JBourquin
Road Master

Local body shop.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,714 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I have a Reckless. Parts are USA made but roughly finished. I had to sand and shape windscreen and trim, but over all I am very happy with the unit and the cost. I bought it for winter time weather protection and it does that. I also have the radio/CD and speakers installed. They are adequate and work fine. I have pictures of install which I will load and write up later. My main two pieces arrived and fit together fine. Mine is not painted, rather black gelcoat and is a pretty good finish. Enough so that I am not going to have to paint it.

Quick Reply: Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?