Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 PM
teninthemaking
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my reckless last week and will post pics and review once installed.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:41 PM
jurob
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by teninthemaking
Cool, can't wait to see how it goes.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:20 PM
brunosrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribing . . . would like to read your review and see the photos.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Oldfart666
Advanced

I realize this post is three months old but just to add to this thread,I stopped at their shop in Tn. in Oct. I bought one for my 2000 softail(the two 6 1/2 " speaker model),they are full fibreglass,smooth and primed outside finish,cutouts are clean.They do make them right there at their shop.They also make hard bags.Fitment on mine was close to spot on,I did have to file two holes slightly slotted to fit. I have run the bike for a month now and have had no problems.(no vibrations and no rattles) Great to have my road tunes again.There is a pic in my "Garage"

Last edited by Oldfart666; 11-17-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 AM
2WheelThrill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And? What's the verdict?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:46 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Another option is to find a fully loaded Dragonfly (or other top brand)...with a scratch or two (or completely crashed like the one I found for $350), do a little fiberglass work, paint, etc. and have a $2k fairing for less than $1k (easily). You have read the opinions and reviews...you know what you're getting...so I'll spare you any heavy opinions one way or the other. Well, except for the tried-and-true "you get what you pay for".

I am sure it will LOOK great...that's all I'll say about that.

Have fun.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 AM
04 rkcrr
Tourer

Waiting on mine to be delivered. Went with their fairing that uses 6x9's. Once I get it painted I'll let you know.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:22 PM
zam70
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I put one on a friends RoadKing standard end of last season...w/6x9

It's a decent unit, needed a little cleanup work to be paintable...I didn't care for the plastic trim they use on the inner but, all in all, It looks good and fit good...we'll see how it last over the long haul.

We had to adjust the handlebars back a little...they hit the 6x9 grills (which were huge)

Bike isn't close enough to me to take pics...

Old 03-11-2011, 02:03 AM
JBourquin
Road Master

I'm still on the fence about ordering one( I know, big surprise). I'd love a top of the line one but I'm trying to get the credit cards paid off and can't justify that kind of money for convenience. Now if it were a necessity, that might be another story.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:47 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JBourquin
I'm still on the fence about ordering one( I know, big surprise). I'd love a top of the line one but I'm trying to get the credit cards paid off and can't justify that kind of money for convenience. Now if it were a necessity, that might be another story.
I took me only 60 days to find a slightly damage one (a Dragonfly). It's worth it IMHO to be patient and keep trolling for a scratched/damaged unit. That way, you get all of the important top-grade structural and mounting construction and in the end will save HUGE $.

Or - and take it from a past irresponsible spender, don't buy anything until you have those f-ed up credit cards paid off! It's criminal what the banks have done (and still do) with consumer credit while the slime on Wall Street continue to pull-in 7-figure "bonuses" (on top of a $300k-$500k++ salary minimum) and Mom and Pop on main street can't buy groceries. Meanwhile, we ignore the reverse brain-drain while kids from other countries (you know the ones) come here, take our premium education, go back to their countries, and build companies that will eventually put our best companies out of business. BUT hey, we have a f*&%ing McDonald's on every corner at least! Uuughhh.

Sorry, I digress...ha.

Later.

Quick Reply: Opinions of Reckless/eBay Road King fairing?