Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How best to fit a tall guy's legs on a Roady?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006 | 10:52 PM
cosmo glider
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default How best to fit a tall guy's legs on a Roady?

I'm buying a Road Glide and I'd like some advice in the comfort area. I'm 6'5" with 36" inseams and 37" sleeve's. What after market seat (any brand) is going to give me the MOST leg room? Gonna use this bike for touring mostly, so it's gotta be comfy too (back rest a must). Have been riding a W.G. for the past 11 years that I extended the forward controls on 2', not doing that here. I just want as much room as possible for comfort and safety. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2006 | 11:09 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: How best to fit a tall guy's legs on a Roady?

Corbin - factory ride in appt if possible

Now, being 5'6" with a 29" inseam... forgive me if I can't understand your problem???? lol

Old 08-22-2006 | 11:12 PM
mndemohead
Tourer

I also am a tall guy, and have yet to get what I would consider "confortable" on my roadking. Deffinately not made for taller people. I have tried every mod that I know and its better but not great. Short of sawing myself off at the knees I think I either get used to it or go back to a bike with forward controls.

Old 08-23-2006 | 01:01 AM
kt
Tourer

Michael,
I have the same deal going, 6'4, I still am running the stock seat, I have heritage bars, after about 100 miles I get a stabbing between the shoulder blades, I am looking for a set of bars that makes me reach further forward, so I am not so cramped. I use the hiway pegs constantly on the crash bar, It is prett comfortable there going down the road, I also just got me a back rest & I freakin love that damn thing. Hope you enjoy your new bike.

Kenny

harley0711 ... Michael, Damn your short

Updated pic's from tonight, windshield is from ZOOKHD here on the forum. Backrest is an awesome addition.

Old 08-23-2006 | 01:21 AM
scottf
Advanced

being 6-9 with a 38 in. inseam I went with the tallboy seat, extended reach floor boards, adjustable highway pegs. I was constantly cramped until I replaced my road king custom bars with some Wild 1 apes 16". I now can ride for 3+ hours or more till I need a brake. The bars were the key to loosing the pain and getting a nice fit.

Old 08-23-2006 | 01:25 AM
Bigdaddy331
6th Gear

I think I might be one of the tallest guys on here. I go about 6'10" and weight about 270. I have a mustang solo seat, and just added the rear pad for the passenger. The seat is lower but sits me back further in the bike. Makes it a little nicer for the arms. My highway pegs are from Harley and they rotate a full 360*. This means that they are on the front side of the bar. I have WAY more room that way and I'm very comfortable. I will be Modding my foot boards next month (National Races coming up for my quad). I think that the foot boards are my biggest problem. Stock, they are not even.... and due to the way the shift levers sit and the rear brake peddle sits, it makes for a really non-symetrical resting spot. I'll change that soon enough. I'll post when it's done and provide pics.