Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Power Duals w/"Basic Slip-ons" on thier 2010 SG/RGC??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 12:19 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default V&H Power Duals w/"Basic Slip-ons" on thier 2010 SG/RGC??

Momma said the stock exhaust on my new 2010 SG aint got enough *****! So ...I'm "cleared weird" for whichever system I need to fix it! Of course I've spent hours reviewing all the exhaust posts here ....forming my own opinions. Thinking about going to duals, but regardless I'm loosing the stock header pipe with the restrictive cat in it ...even if I stay 2-1.

As usual, the Fuel Moto deal is a hard one to beat! And their Dyno Tuned muffs sound great on my Bro's 09 RKC. I like the idea of keeping my factory header shield on the Fuel Moto header pipe (2-1 or 2-1-2). But when it comes to header pipes, the Vance and Hines Power Duals is a stunning design (IMO) ...I love the look of that pipe! Pretty much eliminated the Reinhart Duals "X pipe", and the Klock Werks "Double Back" pipe, and the V&H "Dresser Duals". Nothing personal ...I know those are great set-ups ...I just prefer the look of the stock header shield (with the Fuel Moto header), or the V&H Power Duals header pipe.

My question is ...has anyone swapped their 2010 SG/RGC to the V&H Power Duals and run the V&H Basic Slip-on mufflers on that power dual header pipe?? If so ...how is the sound on that set-up.

I've read plenty on the V&H MO's, RO's, and HO's ....but not the "Basic Slip-on's".

Anyone? Comments?

Bye-the-way ...I plan on keeping her 96" for awhile, but will add a SE Ventalator (or similar), Power Commander V, and some Woods T6-6 cams. (if anyone has any comment about that set-up, or recommended exhaust for those cams in a 96")?

Thanks Dudes!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:01 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The basic slip ons are baffleless, you can look thru them like a telescope. They sound quite raw IMHO, not rounded like the MOs.

The HOs werent out when we built this motor so I have the Basics, they were recommended by V&H. I emailed them about running MOs and their tech dept said they didnt recommend them behind this motor as they would hold it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tj88bFf79Q

Of course you cant really compare the sound with a 96, but anyhow there you go.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply and the video. Man, thats one bad-*** Road King you got there!!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not have a 2010, but a 09 RG. I have the V&H basic slop-ons and they do have a 2 1/4" baffle (but do not think you can remove it, tried but couldn't get it out). When I first put them on the stock header, I could tell I lost the back pressure and some down low grunt. On the 09's the left side OEM muffler is just a sound chamber, almost restrictive of all flow. One reason why I should have gone with FM's Dyno Tuned muffles (asymetrical design).

The X-pipe might help with the larger diam. baffles, but not sure. I actually put in a Big City Thunder header baffle on the left side to increase back pressure and it has helped alot.

The sound of the V&H basics... 1) not too tiny but not as deep as Monster Ovals, 2) sort of loud cruising, but 3) very aggressive and loud during hard acceleration.

Maybe hit some bike events and listen/talk to owners. Then you have to balance sound, power and costs to your liking.

Have a good one.