Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Addiction Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
galena09
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile H-D Addiction Anyone?

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and also have a new 2010 SG (1st Harley), thanks to my fiance, Jay. Anyway, how does one overcome the HD addiction? He paid $21K for the bike and I probably have around $2200 of "adds" on the SG!

Jay, (in a fun way) banned me from the parts counter at our local HD shop ...he asked me if "I was finished yet"...really now, is any HD owner ever "finished" adding stuff?

Thanks to all of you for providing your opinions to my questions .

Angie in Alaska!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Angie. Welcome to the forum from a former Alaska resident. It is a sickness, and the only cure is more cowbell. Or cams.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
5 Speed Suicide
Tourer

Hi... Harley Davidson is slang for money pit! Enjoy!!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by galena09
Hi All,

I'm new to this site and also have a new 2010 SG (1st Harley), thanks to my fiance, Jay. Anyway, how does one overcome the HD addiction? He paid $21K for the bike and I probably have around $2200 of "adds" on the SG!

Jay, (in a fun way) banned me from the parts counter at our local HD shop ...he asked me if "I was finished yet"...really now, is any HD owner ever "finished" adding stuff?

Thanks to all of you for providing your opinions to my questions .

Angie in Alaska!
Hi my name is Jim (Hi Jim) and I'm a HD addict.

First welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new Harley.

You'll find there are many here suffering from the same addiction and no it never ends. As soon as you think your done something else will catch your eye and you go into gotta have it mode.

Personally I'm currently fighting my own obsession now as well. Last week spent around $500.00 for some new slip on mufflers and today another $500.00 for Mustang Solo Seat w/Backrest, Motherwell Gunfighter solo luggage rack and a couple of other odds and ends for the Solo setup.

Anyway welcome and enjoy. There's nothing more satisfying then getting your bike set up the way you want it. At least until the mail man delivers those bills.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Am I addicted. Let's see 07 FXSTC, 08 UlyssesXT, 09 XR1200, 010 SG, 010 Ultra Classic. Naw that can't be an addiction. The basics that I add are fuel pack, intake, exhaust, windshield, luggage rack, skull collection then I slow down. Not finished with the last two yet.

It's just a nice hobby.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 PM
bill10958
Novice

First welcome to the world of HD. Second can I borrow your fiance I need a new bike .

Old 06-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Angie and wecome! Sorry but there is no cure. I made the mistake of tracking the cost of updates on my latest Harley (bad mistake) I have come to realize that I can never sell or trade it because of what I have into it.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:03 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hog fever cannot be controlled but can be contained. Hey, if you want to read two very funny and inspiring books regarding this subject, check out Richard LaPlante's "Hog Fever" & "Detours". He's got another one called "Mind Kill". I haven't read that one yet. It's kind of like the "X-Files" from what I understand. I'm in the middle of Detours right now. They are not printing Richard's first two anymore but you can get them used through the major book sellers.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:04 PM
galena09
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Am I addicted. Let's see 07 FXSTC, 08 UlyssesXT, 09 XR1200, 010 SG, 010 Ultra Classic. Naw that can't be an addiction. The basics that I add are fuel pack, intake, exhaust, windshield, luggage rack, skull collection then I slow down. Not finished with the last two yet.

It's just a nice hobby.
Wow, OK so I'm feeling a better about my addition and I'm not alone; I feel better about the support network ;-)

As for you ih4x4, well let's just say you have one for each type of riding style and maybe your addiction is more advanced than most.

I just asked Jay if I could add more "bling" ... you know, important stuff like the curved lic. plate bracket and chrome accents for the front fender, lower luggage rears and rear fender brake light louvers, nothing much but it did add up to almost $200! But hey, I'm still full time AF and don't retire for two months, so it's better to buy it now than in two months!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
galena09
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bill10958
First welcome to the world of HD. Second can I borrow your fiance I need a new bike .
Thanks! And ohhh no! He's a keeper! All mine ;-)

Quick Reply: H-D Addiction Anyone?