Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Addiction Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:08 PM
galena09
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by producer
Hog fever cannot be controlled but can be contained. Hey, if you want to read two very funny and inspiring books regarding this subject, check out Richard LaPlante's "Hog Fever" & "Detours". He's got another one called "Mind Kill". I haven't read that one yet. It's kind of like the "X-Files" from what I understand. I'm in the middle of Detours right now. They are not printing Richard's first two anymore but you can get them used through the major book sellers.
Very good! Thanks, I'll check out those books. We have long cold winters up here and a good book can be a cure for cabin fever!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:09 PM
galena09
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Springerfan
Hi Angie and wecome! Sorry but there is no cure. I made the mistake of tracking the cost of updates on my latest Harley (bad mistake) I have come to realize that I can never sell or trade it because of what I have into it.
Mistake at tracking it? Oh geeze, I'm in trouble...I started a spreadsheet myself and you're right, I'll never be able to sell this bike, we're married to each other for life!
At least I don't have to add new exhaust, she came new with screaming eagle slip ons! They're almost loud enough and will work for me!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:11 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I guess I'm addicted to air cooled HD's. You didn't see a Vrod in there anywhere.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:12 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found the cure... my check card. Would you believe that bank had the nerve to decline my purchases... dont they know us addicts need our fix.... the nerve.

Oh wait, now these people want their money back??? They give you this stuff then want to take it back. How rude is that...

Old 06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

There's no end to the tinkering with these bikes. It's just fun and passion increases rather than decreases.

Congrats on your new bike btw...

Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 227 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi Angie,

HD stands for "Hundred Dollars" It will slow after the first $2500 - $3000 of add ons, but it wont ever stop. Welcome to the club!!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

I constantly find myself needing more add ons. You know your an addict when you replace add ons with different add ons.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 PM
FXSTCRYDR
Cruiser

Hi, I'm George and I am an addict.....Welcome and grats on your HD. There is no cure, just fix after fix.

Question? Do you know all the salesman, counter help, wrenches, and finance guys/gals at your dealer on a first name basis yet? If not, then there may be a chance you are not beyond help, but if you do invest in a good therapist ) I will see you there, already have an appointment!!

Ride safe.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:16 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome Angie. I am glad I didn't buy a CVO bike or I would end up having $50K in a bike. Just can't seem to end wanting something else for the scoot. Definitely an addiction.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:38 AM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by galena09
Mistake at tracking it? Oh geeze, I'm in trouble...I started a spreadsheet myself and you're right, I'll never be able to sell this bike, we're married to each other for life!
At least I don't have to add new exhaust, she came new with screaming eagle slip ons! They're almost loud enough and will work for me!
and therein lies the problem, your pipes are almost loud enough. To make them loud enough you are going to have to change something and then it never ends. After 35 years I am still not cured and now that I think about it, I don't want to be.

Quick Reply: H-D Addiction Anyone?