Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flip-flop sighting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Retired Navy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took this photo about a month ago at my local watering hole. Started out as a gag photo but this clown insisted that the chic take him for a spin........friggin near ripped his head of at 65mph!!!! Budweiser brain buckets don't work!!

Attached Thumbnails Flip-flop sighting!-img00900.jpg  
Old 06-18-2010, 12:34 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Does Budweiser make a fullface bucket?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:53 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Saw a guy over near Daytona riding barefoot. Watched him long enough to see him stop at a traffic light. Bare feet on hot asphalt. Not me.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

None of anyone elses business what someone wears. Live and let live, mind your own beeswax.

I bet the guy was enjoying himself to the max, while you were mentally taking notes to make this post, he was enjoying his ride.

Everyone wants to be in everyone elses business nowadayz. Do whatchawant, I don't care, studying another mans attire isn't for me. Now if it was a lady, I might look a bit closer, lmao.....LizDC, where are you,what are ya wearing!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jerm21
Man, all of these years I thought the guy riding with flip flops on was a biker urban legend, but sure enough I saw a 20 something, on an iron head Sportster no less, wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. No joke – the guy took off from a stop sign and missed the switch to second gear 2 or 3 times as he tried to toe it up with his bare feet. Oh, and to top it off, he had a chick on the back wearing the same stuff. All I could do was shake my head and laugh and wish I had a camera. BTW - the beach is nowhere near here.

This got me thinking... What’s the strangest gear you’ve seen people riding in?

Jerm
Without reading all the posts, I am in Naples Italy, those others out there who have been here know what I am about to say, but, we see whole families on two wheel vehicles. NO JOKE!!! Mom, Dad, and kid or2. Also, texting, talking on cell, etc... It is F'ed up here, and the weird thing is, there aren't that many accidents. Go figure...

Cale

Old 06-18-2010, 02:47 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I flip flops, shorts, shirtless all the time around here. It's the area I guess.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:53 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain

Damn 7 pages because some dude wore flip flops...Good thing nobody here has seen me going down I 64 in my kilt and orange crocs...wind blowing up your kilt now that's FREEDOM!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:35 PM
JR-Boston
Tourer
Default Another

There's one in every crowd...

JR

Old 06-18-2010, 07:17 PM
NECaveman
Tourer

One Saturday morning two years I was at the dealer where I bought my 2007 Zook. It was a big dealer with all the imports and a large shop. While outside the front door one of the salesman rolls out a brand new 0 miles Suzuki Hayabusa (180mph off the assembly line $13K bike). There were three other guys and the salesman around the bike. The hear the salesman say he is going back inside to get the helmet. Nebraska requires a helmet. I thought the salesman was taking the bike for a ride. He comes back out with a full face loaner helmet and hands it to this muscle head wearing a tank top, gym shorts, and a pair of flip flop shower shoes. Muscle head pulls on the helmet almost all the way, does not loop and secure the chin strap, gets on the Busa, and starts it up revving the engine. I overhear muscle head saying to the salesman he does not have a license. Not sure if that meant he had no license at all or did not have the motorcycle endorsement (Nebraska requires both). The salesman said no problem he has him covered. Then, muscle head tore off out of the parking lot and down the access road.