Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flip-flop sighting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 PM
SoCal_Will
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Action shot...Note the bag of snacks being consumed as well. My wife insisted on the helmet. Oh yay, bathing suit on under the jeans!

Attached Thumbnails Flip-flop sighting!-041-2-.jpg  
Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Javawave
Tourer

riding is always a risk, it is up to each person to decide just how big a risk it will be.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:40 AM
tekeum
Cruiser

I saw a guy going through Atlanta GA in flip flops, cut offs, no shirt,& fire helmet smoking cigar doing about 90 in trafic.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
babyray
Tourer

Said it was a safety issue,I think he just wanted to see if I had been drinking.She had I had'nt. She was pissed and the more she gave the guy **** the deeper the hole got.The guy was an *******,believe me my old lady can hold her own.Definately no pushover.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Justintime
Intermediate
Default Common Sight

Come over to Hawaii...guys and gals riding with flip-flops, shorts and tank tops are a common sight. Doesn't matter what kind of bike, choppers to rice rockets. Scares the crap out of me but then again I have put a dirt bike under the front of police cruiser in my younger days! The drag coefficient of skin is waaaaay more than denim or leather but to each his own. Ride comfortable, ride free.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:16 AM
rick-e-b
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I often wear zip off pants. When it gets hot I zip off the legs. Last week while stopped at a mountain overlook, a guy in a sleveless shirt gave me a hard time about wearing shorts. I asked him why not. He replyed how I would suffer abrasions should I wreck. I ask him about his sleveless shirt, "Isn't that the same thing?" He could not answer. Long pants and long sleve shirts are the safest. No leathers and full faced helments are the safest. No riding in a car is safer, No staying at home is safer! Staying at home with a helment and full leathers may be safer, but when did motorcycling attract people who did not have a taste for living on the edge?

Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Luwise
Advanced

I saw almost the same rider in Spanish Fort, Al. I thought to myself: What an idiot!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:29 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm getting ready to go out for a ride. Who do I need to get to sign off so I know I'm wearing the right stuff? Like the OP said, he was just laughin' at the guy, otjherwise, who cares?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
doggiedave
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as it ain't my ***, it ain't my problem. just say'n

Old 06-18-2010, 11:23 AM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

Have seen several around here in shorts and flip flops BUT with a full face helmet and full fingered gloves.........I'm like really?

Quick Reply: Flip-flop sighting!