Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flip-flop sighting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM
audettd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a guy and his ol lady on a Harley going down the interstate in NH...he was wearing shorts (no shirt) and boots...she was wearing shorts/tank top and boots...both had to be 300+ lbs. If that wasn't an ad for Jenny Craig I don't know what was

Old 06-16-2010, 11:53 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just dont get the flip flops on a motorcycle. I see it all the time, all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:00 PM
RedRedLTD
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear tevo sandals when riding just about all summer. I tried shorts but burned my leg (never again). When you have floorboards, lowers and a heel shifter it is actually a comfortable way to go. As long as the sandals stay on your feet well enough to give good support when you stop....Works for me.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:04 PM
sooie
Tourer

guys that wear gator shoes just kill me
on or off a bike GAY i say just GAY

Old 06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

i love riding in flip flops and being able to feel the wind between my toes!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:08 PM
dustineal
Cruiser

I've seen a few people here in TX riding in shorts and flip flops and its seems like most of them if not all of them were riding on 80's jap bikes no bigger then 500cc, must be a new wave of bikers. I personally believe riding in short and flip flops is EQUALLY as dangerous as not wearing a helmet.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

Everything is dangerous...riding a bike, flying, eating fried chicken, sleeping with prostitutes, mother in laws, and the list goes on and on.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:18 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fripple
Everything is dangerous...riding a bike, flying, eating fried chicken, sleeping with prostitutes, mother in laws, and the list goes on and on.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Who cares what they wear. Why should we criticize. Do you have to wear certain clothes to ride? Sure it may be a safety thing but obviously it's their right to wear what ever they want. Wearing flip flops and shorts is no more ridiculous than the people that have to put on every piece of Harley clothing they have to go riding. Harley boots, Harley Doo Rag, Harley shirt, Harley jeans and on and on. Those are the one's that make me laugh. I love my Harley but I don't have to dress a certain way just to ride it.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:33 PM
audettd
Tourer

Originally Posted by KCFLHTC
Who cares what they wear. Why should we criticize. Do you have to wear certain clothes to ride? Sure it may be a safety thing but obviously it's their right to wear what ever they want. Wearing flip flops and shorts is no more ridiculous than the people that have to put on every piece of Harley clothing they have to go riding. Harley boots, Harley Doo Rag, Harley shirt, Harley jeans and on and on. Those are the one's that make me laugh. I love my Harley but I don't have to dress a certain way just to ride it.
I think the point here is whether you should wear some type of protective clothing in case of a bad situation. It could mean the difference of saving toes or skin for future use. Wear what you wish to wear, but me personally...I need my toes and skin. I agree that wearing all the HD clothing can be a bit much...but put some clothes on for petes sake...save us all the trouble of laughing at you while we're riding

Quick Reply: Flip-flop sighting!