Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flip-flop sighting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could of been me, LMAO!! I've done it a few times, on a short trip around the block to test something. It's not very comfortable, and I almost always miss a shift or two. Much prefer my riding boots. . .

Old 06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wear whatever you want to is the way I see it. This country was founded on freedom so why not use it while we can. It's slowly being taken away.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is Southern California I see it ALL THE TIME especially on touring bikes because they can push down to Up Shift and Down Shift.

Grown up seeing it I guess its pretty normal to me.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw a guy on a SG last summer, with sandels on. Easier on a SG I'd imagine cause you can heal shift. Funny thing to me is that I see more guys on Goldwings wearing shorts and sneakers, than I do on Harleys.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got back from the annual Goat Roper Open golf tournement in Eastern WA. My buddy has a Bushtec trailer that hauls our clubs. A group of about 50 of us take over the River Run Inn in Winthrop for three days. Each morning, we hop on our bikes with shorts and golf shoes and ride the 5 minutes over to the course. We definintely get some "looks" and the occasional "comment" from the "bikers" hang'n out on the main drag.

I say phuckem all. Ride your bike buck naked if you want to, and especially if you look like Big Daddy Mike's avatar!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2010, 08:10 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerm21
Man, all of these years I thought the guy riding with flip flops on was a biker urban legend, but sure enough I saw a 20 something, on an iron head Sportster no less, wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. No joke – the guy took off from a stop sign and missed the switch to second gear 2 or 3 times and he tried to toe it up with his bare feet. Oh, and to top it off, he had a chick on the back wearing the same stuff. All I could do was shake my head and laugh and wish I had a camera. BTW - the beach is nowhere near here.

This got me thinking... What’s the strangest gear you’ve seen people riding in?

Jerm
I saw a guy on an orange softail (I think) on Sunday in flipflops on 66 in VA We were riding near each other for awhile. Jean shorts too or rolled up jeans couldn't tell.. When I had a problem with my highway peg and pulled over he motioned to see if I needed help. But I know I was ok so let him go. He was probably 30. I kind of wish I had taken his help. I wanted to ask him about the flip flops going about 80 ish on 66. I would think it would hurt his left foot while shifting.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:22 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Why do you care? I think all guys in leather vest look like posers, I just means I do not own a leather vest.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
Why do you care? I think all guys in leather vest look like posers, I just means I do not own a leather vest.
Speaking of which, I still get a kick out of the ones with all the patches and pins on them.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Best part of riding, individuality.
Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Speaking of which, I still get a kick out of the ones with all the patches and pins on them.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:05 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
Best part of riding, individuality.
All the weight from the pins has got to lower their fuel mileage.

Quick Reply: Flip-flop sighting!