Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ventilated lowers....(legshields)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
donreagan
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donreagan
Up at Bike Week in Laconia this year, there was a company David-reed.com who was selling lower fairings painted for $350. I would like to buy some lowers for my Electra Glide Classic. I looked on ebay and they are selling used for the same price he is? I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company?
www.david-reed.com
I just spoke with a guy at David Reed with questions on their Lower Fairings. Just Ordered a pair. I will post pictures and a review when they arrive.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:06 PM
donreagan
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Lower Fairings by David-Reed.com

Sorry for the delay in getting this report to you all..but my vacation got in the way!

I purchased the Lower Vented Fairings via www.david-reed.com a few weeks back. No complaints at all!

I bought directly off the website and had the units delivered in 5 days via UPS. I called the company after I received them to inquire about hardware. They advertize no hardware included, but, I was curious about the quick disconnect from HD. As a side note, i expected to get a customer service person...but I spoke directly with David Reed! He informed me that his company is small and that he still takes most of the calls as he states he needs to hear directly from the customer...and that if he was the buyer he wants to speak to the "big guy". Thought that was pretty good answer. Interesting company and they have new stretched bags coming out that he says will shock the competition!

Anyhooo...Back to the lowers...
I am amazed at how much I do use them. I have put about 1500 miles on my 07 EGC since I first installed them. Works fantastic in the rain! You will see from the pictures that I bought the Glove Box liners. I keep keys and my phone in the right. And the mrs stuff on the left. I have ordered the locking doors and will install them next. Let me also add that the bike was not the cleanest when i took the pictures.

I was probably most concerned about the potential for increased temp. I have done very little mods since I bought the bike and as you all know, the bike runs HOT! I do have a oil dipstick with a temp readout. On the day I checked we cruised about 200 miles (2 up) in 90-100 degree weather and the temp didn't get above 230. i assume that the gauge may not be the highest of calibration, but it eliminated my worries about running with the lowers in the summer. I dont see a reason to remove them. Depending on your climate, you may want to think twice about buying the quick disconnect at $85 from the dealer.

All in all...I am very happy with the product. It has exceeded my expectations as I was concerned with buying after-market. I think it was a very good deal...quality part...great service...and I will contact them again after the stretched bags are available.
Safe Ride!
PICTURES HERE > https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...ng-vented.html