Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Management Help Which One?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Fuel Management Help Which One?

A little help please.

I've spent the past few hours searching the threads in regards to adding some type of fuel management to my 09 Street Glide and I'm a little more than confused.

I have stock headers. May upgrade to the Vance and Hines Power Duals at some point. Stage One air cleaner w/Stage One download and Vance and Hines Twin Slash Monster Ovals.

I was considering the FuelPak from Vance and Hines but after reading some of the past post on the subject it seems everyone prefers the PCIII or V from DynoJet.

Other than the power duals I really don't see myself doing any other performance upgrades.

The main reason I was leaning towards the FuelPak is due to ease of use. Not being a very handy guy around the tool box if you know what I mean. Along with what I've read about having to have the bike dyno'd with the DynoJet's.

So with that would you all think going with the FuelPak would do for my current setup or would I be better off with the DynoJet III or V?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:02 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would recommend to contact the guys at Fuel Moto and go with the Power Commander V. They have plenty of maps and have awesome support after the sale. Plus, when you buy from them you get "maps for life" (I believe anyway) so that if you make changes down the road they can send you new maps

Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

With the customer service you get from FuleMoto, you can't go wrong. Give them a call!
My '09 with a PCV, SE a/c, and Jackpots runs great.

Larry

Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 533 Posts

fuelmoto will send u the pc with the map already loaded for your setup. most have been very accurate and dont need dyno time.install is very easy, only a little more dificult if you have abs,took me 10 minutes on my 07.only tool was a small pair of cutters to remove old zip tie and trim new ziptie.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:24 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
fuelmoto will send u the pc with the map already loaded for your setup. most have been very accurate and dont need dyno time.install is very easy, only a little more dificult if you have abs,took me 10 minutes on my 07.only tool was a small pair of cutters to remove old zip tie and trim new ziptie.
And Jamie will send you a new map for future changes.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 PM
RK2003
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I agree

Jamie at Fuel Moto provides outstanding service and his pricing was unbeatable. My PC was set up based on my bike. Plugged it in and the bike has always run great!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:39 PM
sfetty
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for Fuel Moto and Power Commander V. I have owned and still own a Fuel Pack. Had a Thundermax Autotune previously. The Power Commander V is way better than the Fuel Pack and almost as good as the Thundermax (at only a fraction of the price). You can trust Jamie at Fuel Moto to supply you with a good product at a reasonable price!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
MI_Jim
Cruiser

Another vote for FuelMoto!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Tytanium
Cruiser

+1 more

Old 06-14-2010, 10:59 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Based on your upgrades I think the Fuel Moto PCV you'd be very pleased with. I added a $3 switch and run two maps now I can switch on the fly. One map is more for open highway mpg and the other if I get stuck in traffic high heat.

Quick Reply: Fuel Management Help Which One?