Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are You Satisfied With the "New" 2010 touring seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Stash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are You Satisfied With the "New" 2010 touring seat?

I have a 2010 Ultra limited with the "new" 2010 seat (manufactured after Jan,2010.) I know some of you purchased these "new seats" for a decent price to replace other seats you had. I have over 2000 miles on mine and I feel pushed forward and lack low back support. I have my riders backrest from my 07 Ultra installed on my 2010. It doesn't seem to hit my back in the same place. The backrest seems too high and supports my mid back instead of my lower lumbar.

QUESTION: Is there a difference between backrests from 2007 t0 2010? I saw a similar bike to mine which had what seemed to have a slightly smaller backrest which pivioted a small bit to allow rider more comfort. It was NOT a CVO backrest. My backrest is all the way down and is straight up and down and will not piviot or move.

I'm disappointed with the setup. Two friends and our wives all road to Ohio bikeweek. Both couldn't stand the seat any longer and one purchased a new Sundowner and the other purchased a TallBoy seat. I'm still waiting.

I'm thinking if their was a change in the backrest which would give me a litle more room, it might be more comfortable. Once again, Question: is the 2010 backrest different from the 2007 backrest?

Oh, and on the passenger end, my wife hates the seat as compared to our 07 and I have purchased a tourPaK relocator for her to give her more room. She's no heavy weight at 140, but still feel cramped with the backrest and the width of the seat.

Ideas, opinions and even general bullshit would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 06-14-2010, 01:15 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I replaced my seat with the new low seat for 2010. I like it just fine.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:42 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I tried a number of seats on my '09 Ultra and finally bought the new low seat. I love it and wife is fine with it. I did however take my backrest put it in a vise and bent the legs on it so it leans back a little more to the rear and now with about 1200 miles it is becoming very comfortable for me, but like has been said on this forum many times a seat is a very one person item.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I too replaced the stock seat with the new low seat and the seat does ok for me. I put my backrest on and it does seem to be a bit higher than before but only about an inch or so. The difference really does not bother me. My wife made thcomment that with the stock 09 seat she felt I was sitting up on the bike and now I seemto be sitting in the bike. She also likes being able to see over me.

Works well for me.

Bub

Old 06-14-2010, 02:19 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's fine. Not sure it was worth swapoing out or not but heck I now have 2 seats for if/when one gets ripped.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

wish i was closer. I'd let you try the stock seat (older version i guess) that came off of my 08' flht.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:17 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try to find someone with an early model 09 bike that has replaced their seat. There was a seat change part way through the model year that cut out most of the foam so people could reach the ground. The early 09 seats have alot more support than the later models. You might be able to pick one up cheap here

Old 06-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
Try to find someone with an early model 09 bike that has replaced their seat. There was a seat change part way through the model year that cut out most of the foam so people could reach the ground. The early 09 seats have alot more support than the later models. You might be able to pick one up cheap here

Are these differentiated by part numbers? I'd like to know what version I have. My RG was assembled in Apr '09 I believe.

My butt hurts after a while, mostly because I have a bony @ss with no cushion!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 10 seat on the trike feels way better than my 07 Ultra did.I would wonder if the 09 touring seat would work on 10 tourer?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:03 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T K Glider
My 10 seat on the trike feels way better than my 07 Ultra did.I would wonder if the 09 touring seat would work on 10 tourer?
Yes, the 09 seat will fit the 10 tourer. That is what I did, I took the seat from my 09 and placed it on my new 10 the day after I rode it home. I dont think my dealer knew exactly why I wanted my seat.

As far as the change, you may be able to do a search on 09 seat change and see what comes up. I read about it on hear some time ago. I can definately tell its true, because on my 09, I looked above the windshield and when I took the 10 home, I looked under the windshield.

Here is a thread that refences this, they refer to mean city cycles as having more information https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...sit-lower.html

Last edited by 2WheelGlider; 06-14-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added link

Quick Reply: Are You Satisfied With the "New" 2010 touring seat?