Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasma Rods

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got my free PDC's in the mail today that they sent me because of there mistake. So now they work as run and brake which is what I was wanting.

Thanks for the thread this is one of my favorite mods so far.

Run

Brake

Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Ready to get off the fence and get this done but have a couple of questions first.

I'm currently running the run/brake/turn from HD and was wondering if this unit will work or if I would need to order the one offered by CD?

Also after reading through all the posts I did not read if anyone had wired the rods to be used as all three run/brake/turn. If I missed it I apologize but would like to know if anything else is required to do this. I did read on the CD site about the possability of a load equilizer being needed for the factory alarm system.

Thanks for the help and great looking mod by the way everyone. Hats off to Overdoo for the 3/4 round idea.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good ideals here...just want to follow post.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ncbeast
Nice....
I thought the Brightass lights I put on would get attention but that is awesome, these people in Ark don't seem to care how close they get. May have to put those on my Xmas list.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:41 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

As I read thru this thread and think "yeah that's a good idea", I think of all the rear-end accidents I've worked in 28+years and realize that it wasn't because the dummy couldn't see the perfectly good working factory brake lights in front of him......The reason he/she didn't stop was because they weren't looking at them to begin with!!! Maybe a good loud rack of the pipes to get them to look at you to start with would reduce more rear-enders than having more lights. (problem for me there is I'm getting old and don't like loud pipes anymore! lol)

They do look good though and certainly couldn't hurt. (the lights, not the pipes)

Last edited by mike5511; 11-05-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:24 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hoblick
ordered a set of plasma rods yesterday.
im deleting the taillight and turn signal bar in favor of a yaffe stealth 3 plate mount
and using the plasma rods as run/turn/brake
ordered a kury run/turn/brake module as well

cant wait to get the parts in and get them put on.. should clean the back end up nicely
When installing the Pual Yaffe stealth 3 plate mount did you have to remove the rear wheel to install and what wires did you use for the plate lights and did you use the Custom Dynamics plug and play kit. If so does it plug into the plug that's left after removing the stock plate/tail light/turn lights? Thanks for all help.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
evokenevo
Intermediate
Default plasma rods optoions,

i am running all the features on the rods , ie; run stop signals, i did use cd s module and had no problem with it has been on for 2 yrs, and all is fine

Old 11-11-2011, 06:28 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks to Overdue and Hoblick I ordered a set of Plasma Rod and installed as run/brake/turn...Thanks ,that's why I like this Forum...for all the great ideals and helpfull members.

Attached Thumbnails Plasma Rods-rear-led.jpg  

Last edited by 1sweetglide08; 11-14-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:38 PM
rdk
4th Gear
Default Facing saddlebag?

Originally Posted by Navy Mustang
Unless I'm not seeing things in the proper perspective, it would appear that the plasma rods are facing the saddlebags, not the rear of the bike?
I have the same question. The plasma rods would be facing the saddlebags. Is it that the side of the LED strip is what you are seeing from behind? The first poster did a nice job, but it still seems that the rods are pointed 90 degrees from what you want. Sorry, but I am a newbie and just joined today. But I definitely want more brake light on my SG. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by rdk
I have the same question. The plasma rods would be facing the saddlebags. Is it that the side of the LED strip is what you are seeing from behind? The first poster did a nice job, but it still seems that the rods are pointed 90 degrees from what you want. Sorry, but I am a newbie and just joined today. But I definitely want more brake light on my SG. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Doesn't matter...that's the beauty of these Plasma lights...they shine brightly a full 180degrees so sideways/frontways/upside down - all the same.

Quick Reply: Plasma Rods