Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Security Pager II/Siren II Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:54 PM
NECaveman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Security Pager II/Siren II Question

I have a 2009 SG and had the security system installed when I bought the bike last year. I am considering to install the battery powered HD Security System Pager Receiver II P/N 91660-06 and the HD Security System Smart Siren II PN 68328-06A. Does anyone know if the pager and siren include instructions to install and configure both units to work without having to take the bike to the dealer? The HD website does not include instructions for these items.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

You do not have to have the dealer flash anything for either part.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default No problem doing it at home

Dawg is right. I installed the siren11 with the pager. The instructions walk you through the sinc. it's pretty easy so go for it. Just pay attention to the antenna install. Make sure it doesn't touch any part of the bike frame. They provide a big piece of velcro to protect the antenna.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:07 PM
NECaveman
Tourer

Got it! Thanks dawg and Watch Guy. I read a number of the older posts and no one really addressed my question. Thanks again!

Old 06-14-2010, 12:15 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was at the dealer and they sold the smart siren to guy while I was at the parts counter paying for a quart of oil. He asked about having it installed and they sent him to service. Apparently they were going to get him for some $$ and I actually took him outside and we installed it on his ultra in about 15 minutes.

As for the pager...well...I bought one...but I have to be honest and say I might have actually used it once in the year I have had it. Tis up to you. Install the siren first and then sync the pager. Whole thing on an Ultra takes about 20 minutes.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's a tip they don't mention in the instructions. Don't ask me how I know.

When you install the antenna wire, leave a bit of slack in it. That way, when you ride over a large bump, your suspension movement won't break the antenna wire.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 PM
knife_edge
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NECaveman
I have a 2009 SG and had the security system installed when I bought the bike last year. I am considering to install the battery powered HD Security System Pager Receiver II P/N 91660-06 and the HD Security System Smart Siren II PN 68328-06A. Does anyone know if the pager and siren include instructions to install and configure both units to work without having to take the bike to the dealer? The HD website does not include instructions for these items.
You wouldn't believe how easy it is to install on your bike. Just take off the left side cover under your seat and you will see a single clip hardness towards the front of the fuse box. Now, on the same spot you can see the square shape clip for your siren to fit inside. That all you have to do is clip and snap in place, finish you're done.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:14 PM
NECaveman
Tourer

Okay, I see the point not to ground out the antenna and make sure there is some slack in the antenna run. Thanks to everyone!!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:38 AM
ironbikeworx
6th Gear

Extra thanks to everyone also. Amazing how clueless service guys are sometimes. I am getting ready to order a Siren II setup and pager for my 2011 FLHTK. I asked the them if anything was needed to do the install. They said it had to be program in the service dept and that it would be about an hour labor. Argh. I even said, isn't this nothing more than an output module..? They said no. What a bunch of bologna! Again, thanks for these tips. It's why I stop here for all tips before advancing to anything.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 AM
dnitram
Road Master

Put one on my RKC about a week ago and it's like everyone has said, a piece of cake.

Quick Reply: HD Security Pager II/Siren II Question