Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Security Pager II/Siren II Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bklynbob
Why get the siren? Why alert a thief(or thieves) that you are on the way? When the pager goes off,only you know.....................
The siren II has the pager transmitter built in. You can set the siren to silence, but why? I do have it set when it just sets and disarms, but I want them to know that it is disabled. It will make them hesitate for a few seconds and give me more time to get to them.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

No, you do not have to visit the dealer for this. I installed the Smart Siren II on my 2011 Limited and bought the pager.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 PM
tonsa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already posted this to another thread, I just want to get an answer. Sorry for the repost. I am going to buy the security siren pager (68328 -06)but can't decide to get the battery powerd pager or the rechargeable pager. What is the difference between the battery powerd pager or the re-chargeable pager? range? I know the price is like 10 dollars difference. The rechargable is 10 dollars more. I am just wondering. Thanks

Old 07-19-2011, 11:46 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It has been recommended here before to go with the rechargeable pager. The regular one eats battery's by the box load. At least that has been mentioned here in the past. I do not have any personal experience with the HD pager. But I will say that the pager/remote start I have on my truck goes through about 1 battery a month.

Originally Posted by tonsa
I already posted this to another thread, I just want to get an answer. Sorry for the repost. I am going to buy the security siren pager (68328 -06)but can't decide to get the battery powerd pager or the rechargeable pager. What is the difference between the battery powerd pager or the re-chargeable pager? range? I know the price is like 10 dollars difference. The rechargable is 10 dollars more. I am just wondering. Thanks

Old 07-20-2011, 08:50 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ironbikeworx
Extra thanks to everyone also. Amazing how clueless service guys are sometimes. I am getting ready to order a Siren II setup and pager for my 2011 FLHTK. I asked the them if anything was needed to do the install. They said it had to be program in the service dept and that it would be about an hour labor. Argh. I even said, isn't this nothing more than an output module..? They said no. What a bunch of bologna! Again, thanks for these tips. It's why I stop here for all tips before advancing to anything.
Whoa. Not sure I would continue to do business with that dealer. They're either clueless, or corrupt.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the rechargeable pager. After giving it a full charge it seems to go forever. I've left the pager turned on over a week and it still has a charge.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Bill10256
Cruiser

How sensitive is the alarm/siren to the wind when parked? Any false alarms?
I can't recall ever seeing my lights flashing when it was parked in the wind but I want to make sure before I get the siren and pager.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:42 PM
markfrommn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default instructions for siren

anyone have instructions for the siren? just bought a bike with it installed and the hd website has installation for older models.

mine is the 68328-06A version and i am curious about the programming of it. don't want to be in the middle of nowwhere and have issues.

thanks!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by markfrommn
anyone have instructions for the siren? just bought a bike with it installed and the hd website has installation for older models.

mine is the 68328-06A version and i am curious about the programming of it. don't want to be in the middle of nowwhere and have issues.

thanks!
Hi Mark,

I have it on my bike and there was no programming involved. It just hooks into your existing security system, the Security system "tells" it when to go off.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:03 PM
tonsa
Cruiser

Thanks guys for all your help. I got done installing the siren II and the rechargeable pager. Workd great. I tested it I walked about 1/2 mile with building and in the busy street. I then ask my wife on the cell of course to move the handlebard and she said it alarm and I hear a beep on the pager and a vibration then she put it back and it stop but then I ask her to try to start the bike it alarm and pager beep and vibrate then it didn't stop even the siren on the bike kept making annoying loud alarm so she went inside the house the got the key fob and it stop. Its worthed to me for a peace of mind. Simple to install just plug and play then to mate the pager you just have to turn the ingnition to on and the pager hold the on botton and its paired very simple and its worthed. Oh by the way I just got back from sturgis and it work also coz someone move tried to move the bike or sat on it and my pager beep and vibrate then I went and saw someone sitting on the bike and said he thought it was his bike. Yeah right. heheheh. I also finally got my ss1000 iron butt certificate and did another one from sturgis to vegas. I know some of this is not related, I just want to tell you guys my experience with Sturgis. Its a must for everyone at least one time.!!!

Thanks for listening...

Quick Reply: HD Security Pager II/Siren II Question