Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Security Pager II/Siren II Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed the siren module on both my Dyna and FL, plug and play on both bikes, the FL was very easy as all the components are easy to get to.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 AM
ironbikeworx
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any special programming for the pager?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 AM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Some of the install instructions seem to be incorrect on which cover it goes under. The late model touring models are left side as indicated above. There are posts on here about using an after market siren but the HD siren II is so easy its worth a few bucks to get one made for the wiring harness and for the pager if desired. Put one on my Limited but no pager yet.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:10 AM
tonsa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the flhtk 2011 that comes with a fob no siren, no button just the fob you have to be within so many feet for the bike to start. This siren 2 will just plug and play and what does it do? just make siren sound? anything else? does it notify you that someone is tampering or I need the extra pager?

Thanks

Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 AM
ndnguyd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Went to Radio Shack and picked up a siren for $5.69 and installed it in 5 minutes.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:58 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tonsa
I have the flhtk 2011 that comes with a fob no siren, no button just the fob you have to be within so many feet for the bike to start. This siren 2 will just plug and play and what does it do? just make siren sound? anything else? does it notify you that someone is tampering or I need the extra pager?

Thanks
If you buy a page unit, the audible alarm will go off, and the pager will notify you. Mine's only gone off once. I was at the dealer's garage sale and one of the staff moved my bike. I was there before they even started rolling it.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Morris9982
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonsa

Thanks
If I remember correctly, you can set the HD siren to chirp or not (your choice) when the system arms as an audio warning that the system is armed. This also lets anyone around the bike know that it has an alarm system so it may discourage a thief. If set to not chirp, the turn signals flash as they do now without the siren.

If the bike is disturbed by lifting off the side stand or in any other manner, the siren will arm and make noise for about 30 seconds. If the condition that caused the alarm is gone (the bike is no longer moving), the alarm goes goes silent. If someone is still pushing the bike away or trying to load it on a truck or trailer, the alarm will keep going after the 30 seconds.

The alarm has its own battery so if someone removes the seat and cuts the battery wire in an attempt to steal the bike, the alarm will still go off.

If you have the siren/pager, you can marry the pager to the siren so it will warn you if the alarm goes off if you are away from the bike. The pager can vibrate or emit an audible alarm. I have not tested the range to see how far you can be from the bike and still receive the page.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris9982
If the bike is disturbed by lifting off the side stand or in any other manner, the siren will arm and make noise for about 30 seconds. If the condition that caused the alarm is gone (the bike is no longer moving), the alarm goes goes silent. If someone is still pushing the bike away or trying to load it on a truck or trailer, the alarm will keep going after the 30 seconds.
I tested the alarm and also found that the alarm remembers what position it was sitting when armed.
I put the bike on the side stand and with the key Fob away from the bike sat the bike up. The alarm chirped. I sat still but the alarm again chirped. I still sat without moving. The third time the alarm sounded. I put the bike back on the side stand and got off. After the 2 minutes, the alarm stopped and reset.

I liked this better than the old alarms I have had that just went off if moved. But if you sat still or moved real slow, you could still move the bike.

I feel the new alarm Harley is using is so much better. I also bought the Siren II. (Love the battery back up) I plan to, some day, buy the pager too. Good to know that all I need to do is get the pager and sync it up. No other module to connect on the bike.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default There is a special procedure for setting up the pager

Originally Posted by ironbikeworx
Is there any special programming for the pager?
to link it to your bike but it is really easy. As I recall it's something like turning your ignition on and off a couple of times with the pager close (or something along those lines)

Old 07-19-2011, 03:55 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 569 Likes on 396 Posts

Why get the siren? Why alert a thief(or thieves) that you are on the way? When the pager goes off,only you know.....................

Quick Reply: HD Security Pager II/Siren II Question