Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so confused PCV with AT

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:01 AM
tekeum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so confused PCV with AT

I don't think my auto tune is working my gas mileage sucks! performance is down. when I hook the PCV to my PC after a run there are no trims in the auto tune section am I suppose to see what the trims were after a ride, am I suppose to? In the ingnition tables there is all 0's. I also have some isues with hard starts and some back fireing through the TB. help meI am leaving on a 3000mi trip in a week I would like to get this resolved before this.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 AM
18BKLR
Road Master

If the table sare all 0's I would say that your tune is not in there. I would call FM and see what the deal is. From my understanding you still should have a tune there the auto tune just modifies it as you ride according to what all the factors are. Try to go to get map and see if you can't find the map for the bike and then send it to the PCV. Should get you back up and running.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:32 AM
tekeum
Cruiser

going to Fuel Moto tomarow

Old 06-13-2010, 12:00 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tekeum
I don't think my auto tune is working my gas mileage sucks! performance is down. when I hook the PCV to my PC after a run there are no trims in the auto tune section am I suppose to see what the trims were after a ride, am I suppose to? In the ingnition tables there is all 0's. I also have some isues with hard starts and some back fireing through the TB. help meI am leaving on a 3000mi trip in a week I would like to get this resolved before this.
Yes, you should see values show up in the trim tables after a ride. Did you just install Auto-Tune recently? Double-check that everything is connected properly, including the terminator plug and that the two modules are attached in the proper order. They are marked and module #1 goes to the front, #2 to the rear. If they are swapped AT will not work.

Let us know, as this type of thing is usually something simple.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 PM
tekeum
Cruiser

I installed it in feb just lived with bad gas milege but with this trip comming up I wanted the bike to run at it's best. I have gone through all the conections they are all fine.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:37 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tekeum
I installed it in feb just lived with bad gas milege but with this trip comming up I wanted the bike to run at it's best. I have gone through all the conections they are all fine.
Bad gas mileage is relative, and you can improve it by putting some leaner values in the cruise range. I did a write-up on setting up AT with a map switch for better mileage. This may be more than you want to know or get involved in, but it should help you tweak your map for better mileage.

Fuel Moto maps tend to be tuned for cooling and performance at the expense of gas mileage, but you can have the mileage and performance by some tweaking. The trade-off to better mileage is typically heat, so you'll have to be the judge where the sweet-spot is for you. I have mine set very lean (near stock) in the cruise-range and I'm having no heat issues, but I have an oil-cooler which helps greatly to keep peak engine temperatures at a sane level. I get 48-49mpg on the backroads using E10 gas, but city mileage is usually in the upper-30's and I have not found a way to increase it there. What kind of mileage are you getting?

Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you install a switch for the AT or jumper?

Old 06-13-2010, 01:11 PM
tekeum
Cruiser

I am getting in the low to mid 30's in gas mileage before mods I was getting in the low to mid 50's my concern is that after a ride I have no trims ton accept or clear so I don't think how I set my AFR's. Today I have set my target AFR's in the 4.2 range in my crusing range but I don't think my AT is working

Old 06-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first installed my AT I enabled it in the software but it didn't work. You need to put in a switch or a wire jumper to turn the AT on.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:06 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you enabled the Auto Tune in the software? Made sure that the map switch is off. Make sure that the enable hardwae swithc is off. Make sure in the software that the max inrichment and enleanment have a number in the 20 is the normal. You will want to ugrade to the new software 1.0.3.3 and the new firware 1.4.0 then update the firmware to the device. If all is wired ccorrectly then software is probably not set up correct.

Quick Reply: so confused PCV with AT