Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so confused PCV with AT

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike5959
Mine didn't work then I put a Jumper on the map input boom., It works now.
You had the Hardware switch enabled with no switch installed to close the circuit, that is why it worked when you installed a jumper

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-13-2010, 10:08 PM
tekeum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If you are not getting fuel trims the Auto Tune is not installed incorrectly. Make you have enabled the Auto Tune in the software, you do not need a switch however if you have installed one make sure you have it wired correctly. The most common install mixup we see during the install is that users forget to install the CAN termination plug in the open port of the the Auto Tune module, it is the black plastic plug (not the rubber dust plug) which contains a resistor and it is required to complete the CAN circuit. The other mixup we see is that the AT is plugged into the ACC port under the seat, the AT needs to be plugged into the diagnostic plug under the left side cover on 08 and newer Touring models and is under the right cover on 07 and earlier bikes. To verify the AT is working properly you can plug into the software, start the bike and you will be able to see live AFR for the front and rear cylinders.
To my embarasment I did not put the CAN termination plug & I was hooked up to the ACC port. it is to late to start the bike up to see if this fixes. I will try it out in the morning. I have been running like this for five months. Hope this works. Let ya know if it does

Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tekeum
To my embarasment I did not put the CAN termination plug & I was hooked up to the ACC port. it is to late to start the bike up to see if this fixes. I will try it out in the morning. I have been running like this for five months. Hope this works. Let ya know if it does
Don't feel too bad, as this is a common omission. I did it too back in Jan. '09 when they first came out, but I understand DJ is now putting a warning in bold letters in the instruction manual. There was none way back when I did the upgrade, and the only mention of it was the diagram in the instructions. I think DJ should install these things at the factory and there would be fewer problems like this.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:28 PM
tekeum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I think I am up and going now ended up calling Fuelmoto they walked me through it. Thanks to everyone for your help. Now that I have trims that I can see what do you do with the numbers that I see? Is it usual for the front & rear to be differnt? How can I build a complete bike and be so clueless when it comes to electrical & programers?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:42 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tekeum
Now that I have trims that I can see what do you do with the numbers that I see?
Nothing, just ride it--that is unless you want to mess with it like I do all the time. You can add a map switch, change the target AFRs, and play with the numerous features if you're so inclined. Before doing so ride the bike a while and establish a good trim table, then save the map to your computer in case you need to revert to it later.

Is it usual for the front & rear to be differnt?
Yes, and sometimes more than you might expect.