Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so confused PCV with AT

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:50 PM
tekeum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have enabled the auto tune. Switched what I needed to switch. I went through all the wires are all hooked up corectly I pulled it all out went back to stock went for a ride came home and reinstalled it all. same problem I'm calling Fuelmoto tomorrow hope they can walk through the fix.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:23 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tekeum
I am getting in the low to mid 30's in gas mileage before mods I was getting in the low to mid 50's my concern is that after a ride I have no trims ton accept or clear so I don't think how I set my AFR's. Today I have set my target AFR's in the 4.2 range in my crusing range but I don't think my AT is working
I assume you mean 14.2, not 4.2. If you are getting no trims the AT isn't working. I would give Fuel Moto a call Monday and ask for their help, but would first double-check all your connections again. Something is amiss and it may be very simple.

Low-to-mid 30's isn't good even for city mileage, and if you were getting low-to-mid 50s before you were doing better than any TC I've seen to date.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:50 PM
tekeum
Cruiser

yes I ment 14.2 sory. When it was getting low 50's it was mostly stock. I think I ride it a little harder now but not that much? I ride 80mi round trip to work daily I used to be able to get 3 trips to work on a tank of gass now only 2. 3 trips puts me at 50mi/gal.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekeum
Yes I have enabled the auto tune. Switched what I needed to switch. I went through all the wires are all hooked up corectly I pulled it all out went back to stock went for a ride came home and reinstalled it all. same problem I'm calling Fuelmoto tomorrow hope they can walk through the fix.
All I can tell you is that on mine I put a jumper in place of the toggle switch. The AT needs a closed circuit to be on. PAge 2 MAP inputs need to be closed/shorted for AT to work. Believe me I been here done this.
http://www.powercommander.com/downlo.../eng15-003.pdf

Old 06-13-2010, 08:45 PM
bjpharmd
Advanced

alright, i installed my pcv and AT about 2 weeks ago. Just got back from a trip and got a chance to hook the bike up to the laptop. I too have all 0's for trim values. The target AFR's are there. So I updated the software and firmware. Same thing, all zero's. checked all the wires. hooked up to the correct cylinders. colors are in the right holes. But I did just realize that I never properly installed the termination plug in the AT module. I only put in one of those rubber plugs. Could that possibly be it. Stupid question, but what does the termination plug do anyway?

Last edited by bjpharmd; 06-13-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

read page 2 of the manual.

Map -
The PCV has the ability to hold 2 different base

maps. You can switch on the fly between these

two base maps when you hook up a switch to
the MAP inputs. You can use any open/close
type switch. The polarity of the wires is not
important. When using the Autotune kit one
position will hold a base map and the other
position will let you activate the learning mode.
When the switch is “CLOSED” Autotune will be
activated.

so if you dont have a switch or jumper the auto tune never starts sampling.

Last edited by Mike5959; 06-13-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:07 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

If you are not getting fuel trims the Auto Tune is not installed incorrectly. Make you have enabled the Auto Tune in the software, you do not need a switch however if you have installed one make sure you have it wired correctly. The most common install mixup we see during the install is that users forget to install the CAN termination plug in the open port of the the Auto Tune module, it is the black plastic plug (not the rubber dust plug) which contains a resistor and it is required to complete the CAN circuit. The other mixup we see is that the AT is plugged into the ACC port under the seat, the AT needs to be plugged into the diagnostic plug under the left side cover on 08 and newer Touring models and is under the right cover on 07 and earlier bikes. To verify the AT is working properly you can plug into the software, start the bike and you will be able to see live AFR for the front and rear cylinders.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If you are not getting fuel trims the Auto Tune is not installed incorrectly. Make you have enabled the Auto Tune in the software, you do not need a switch however if you have installed one make sure you have it wired correctly. The most common install mixup we see during the install is that users forget to install the CAN termination plug in the open port of the the Auto Tune module, it is the black plastic plug (not the rubber dust plug) which contains a resistor and it is required to complete the CAN circuit. The other mixup we see is that the AT is plugged into the ACC port under the seat, the AT needs to be plugged into the diagnostic plug under the left side cover on 08 and newer Touring models and is under the right cover on 07 and earlier bikes. To verify the AT is working properly you can plug into the software, start the bike and you will be able to see live AFR for the front and rear cylinders.
Not to question the expert but if it calls for a closure to turn on AT how can you get it towork with a open? Mine didn't work then I put a Jumper on the map input boom., It works now.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:15 PM
bjpharmd
Advanced

Thanks for the quick reply. It was the termination plug. I was installing it probably as you were typing your reply. I thought it was too late to fire her up (don't wanna **** off the neighbors), but i was too curious. Well that was the trick. Live AFR's and all. If I weren't so impatient, I would've properly installed everything 2 weeks ago. Maybe someone else can learn from my mistake though. Now I can't wait to start "Autotuning". Thanks FuelMoto. Love your toys.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike5959
Not to question the expert but if it calls for a closure to turn on AT how can you get it towork with a open? Mine didn't work then I put a Jumper on the map input boom., It works now.
It only looks for a closed circuit if the Auto Tune and Hardware switch are both enabled. It does not require a switch or jumper of any kind to operate properly

Quick Reply: so confused PCV with AT