Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDBomm is "Da Bomb"

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:55 AM
jamcgowan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HDBomm is "Da Bomb"

I just wanted to share a short note I sent to the creator of the HDBomm today. I hope it will encourage those of you who may be considering purchasing this excellent product.

Dear Mr. Bissonette,

I enjoy riding my 2010 Ultra Limited and try to do so as much as I can. However, one concern I have when on a ride is being accessible to my wife who was diagnosed with MS in 2004. Her physical issues along with the fact that we live with her aged mother (90), who herself has early onset dementia, makes having access to a phone at all times, critical.

With this in mind, today I had my local Harley shop install your HDBomm on my bike. They were quite curious about your device and carefully followed your installation instructions. The only deviation they made was that they insisted on soldering the wires.

I previously owned a 2006 Honda GL1800 on which I had installed a Kennedy BT Cellset. It worked ok, but due to excessive environmental noises, I also had to install a “Mic Mutes” system to prevent continual ambient noises while on the phone.

The HDBomm on the other hand, was much simpler to install and, is for all practical purposes, equivalent to the Kennedy BT Cellset and “Mic Mutes”, at about ¼ the cost.

Once installed, I tested the HDBomm while in my garage with the engine off and on the road at various speeds up to 75 mph, also in stop and go traffic. I called my best friend who told me that he could not tell any difference in sound quality until I reached about 75 mph. At that speed he indicated that there was a minute drop off in quality, perhaps 5%. Of course any actual drop off in audio quality could be due to a number of variables – this was not a scientific test. He also indicated that he had to lower the volume on his phone due to the strength of the signal he was receiving from me. My daughter indicated the same when I called her.

As far as my reception went, the audio quality was amazing regardless of speed. They only “issue” I have is that when on a call, the Garmin Zumo 660 audio prompts do not come through. I don’t know if this is normal or unique to me. Regardless, I am thrilled and delighted with my HDBomm and highly recommend it for anyone who has the need or desire for hands free phone capability while riding.

Thank you, Mr. Bissonette, for creating this awesome product.

Jim McGowan
Sugar Land, TX

Old 06-13-2010, 06:23 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GPS / Cell phone interface

Don't ya just hate it when someone raves about the product they just bought and fails to give a web site address. Or tell you what the product is in the title of the post. Or at least in the first few lines of the post.
I really had no idea what the HDBomm was till the last sentence of your letter.

http://www.hdbomm.com/

Old 06-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Steelknee57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never heard of this device either. After reading the first paragragh I had a pretty good idea of what he was talking about. I guess it's just me........Thanks for the link.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:45 AM
jamcgowan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vzts4q
Don't ya just hate it when someone raves about the product they just bought and fails to give a web site address. Or tell you what the product is in the title of the post. Or at least in the first few lines of the post.
I really had no idea what the HDBomm was till the last sentence of your letter.

http://www.hdbomm.com/

Made ya look....

Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer

How much?

Old 06-14-2010, 02:24 PM
jackja25
Road Captain

around $70

Old 06-14-2010, 02:31 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looked at the website. Obviously not going for fancy packaging! PVC pipe!!

Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer

Originally Posted by jackja25
around $70
Thanks,
Not bad considering all the other gizmos out there. I think I might have to pull the trigger on one of these. Anyone know how it wires into the system?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:12 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

I dunno, I don't enjoy talking on the phone in my car, I can't imagine I'd wanna talk on the phone while riding a bike??

I understand your unique situation, Jim, but do you find yourself actually talking on the phone while riding??

Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
jackja25
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DRAFT1
Thanks,
Not bad considering all the other gizmos out there. I think I might have to pull the trigger on one of these. Anyone know how it wires into the system?
The directions are quite detailed. All you do is cut two wires from the bundle, and splice two wires in from the bomm. Use your bluetooth phone with the GPS and talk away. I have had this system for over a year I think. Totally satisfied, and Jim is a pleasure to work with.

Quick Reply: HDBomm is "Da Bomb"