Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

woods TW 6-6 Cams, 96" Stock Heads Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 06:15 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokindave
Little confusion here. Your signature says you have a 103" w/ Hillside heads but, you say this was done on a 96".
KEEP reading, next line says that bike was totaled...I assume this is a different bike???

Old 06-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Jebster
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the Woods TW 6-6 is a excellent cam in both the 96 and 103, I went with them because I knew I was going bigger.. Cam choices are a personal thing, you have to choose what works for you..

Old 06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by adlerx
Iclick, sorry but I've seen enough 255 sheets to know where that cam doesn't work for me. I'll try to choose my words more carefully next time so you don't feel you have to defend it. I know it is a fine cam for most riders.
Your point is well taken, and I was only pointing out that often the 255s are described as "hitting a wall" at about 4500, or whatever, and that's not what I'm feeling in the seat of my pants. Other 255 owners have made the same observations.

If you rode like I do, you would understand, I run out to the 5k+ area between most shifts and often cruise in the high 3's to the 4k area I really don't ride under 3k so much of the advantages the 255's offer most riding styles are completely lost on me. also, I am going bigger later and the 255's just arent designed for that.
Your selection strategy is very well-thought-out, and nobody has ever said (AFAIK) that 255s are right for everyone. Obviously, there is no cam on the market that is right for everyone. It is obvious the 6-6 or some other similar grind would be better for you.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyno Sheet

Dyno sheet for 96", Woods TW6-6, D&D fatcat 2 into 1, Ness Sucker

89.4 HP
94.1 TQ

Attached Thumbnails woods TW 6-6 Cams, 96" Stock Heads Results-tw6-6-dyno.jpg  
Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 AM
adlerx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sancho
Dyno sheet for 96", Woods TW6-6, D&D fatcat 2 into 1, Ness Sucker

89.4 HP
94.1 TQ
Sancho, you need to find a tuner! That looks odd. Hope you didn't pay for that tune!
How did your tuner explain those curves to you?
I'm guessing there's a lot more in there for you with the right tuner to unlock that power.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Sancho
Road Master

Originally Posted by adlerx
Sancho, you need to find a tuner! That looks odd. Hope you didn't pay for that tune!
How did your tuner explain those curves to you?
I'm guessing there's a lot more in there for you with the right tuner to unlock that power.
The top lines are the latest tune (blue lines). Dyno tune was done by www.thedynodiffference.com in Dallas, Tx. One of the best tuners in the country as far as I'm concerned. The baffle I have in my D&D Fatcat 2 into 1 is the concentric baffle for stock applications only as per D&D. It is not to be confused with the quiet baffle. If I were to change my baffle to the power baffle the tq curve would probably add 5-10 ft lbs tq according to my tuner and eliminate the dips. However I am happy with the numbers and my bike is running super smooth. I put more into the way it rides than the dyno sheet. 89 hp and 94 torque is nothing to sneeze at on a 96" with no head work. I'll probably keep it the way it is. Thanks for your input.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Jebster
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sancho
The top lines are the latest tune (blue lines). Dyno tune was done by www.thedynodiffference.com in Dallas, Tx. One of the best tuners in the country as far as I'm concerned. The baffle I have in my D&D Fatcat 2 into 1 is the concentric baffle for stock applications only as per D&D. It is not to be confused with the quiet baffle. If I were to change my baffle to the power baffle the tq curve would probably add 5-10 ft lbs tq according to my tuner and eliminate the dips. However I am happy with the numbers and my bike is running super smooth. I put more into the way it rides than the dyno sheet. 89 hp and 94 torque is nothing to sneeze at on a 96" with no head work. I'll probably keep it the way it is. Thanks for your input.
Nice reply Sancho!!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:17 PM
mopar400
Tourer

subscribe

Old 06-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Sancho
Road Master

Changed baffle and found the front cyl had an exhaust leak. Had the bike re-tuned for 88.5 HP and 99.9 TQ.

Attached Thumbnails woods TW 6-6 Cams, 96" Stock Heads Results-final-dyno-96ci.woods-tw6-6-cam.-d-and-d-fatcat-2into1.-ness-big-sucker.jpg  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior

Is the 6-6 a direct drop in cam. What I mean is do you have to mod the rocker cover for clearance?

Quick Reply: woods TW 6-6 Cams, 96" Stock Heads Results