Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12" Freedom Shield Impressions/Picts

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:19 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Default 12" Freedom Shield Impressions/Picts

After debating between a LRS 12" dark tint shield and a similar Freedom, I went by just a gut feeling and ordered the Freedom. Freedom honored an expired 10% code and I placed my order. John Lauck at Freedom answered all questions promptly. My order was placed mid afternoon and shipped the next day. I think they make 12"/taller dark tints per order and not stocked. UPS shipping took 4 days. The shield arrived in a 5" thick box, well protected by peanuts/foam/vacuum wrap. A quick install with wrap to confirm fitment, height and intial ride impression were all positive so off came the wrap. The shield was flawless with zero observable flaws or marks. It was highly polished and even the edges looked extremely smooth. Freedom advertises this shield as 30% thicker than stock and it is very stout. This shield should be extremely durable. I elected to go stock height as I'm 6'3" and this shield goes up to the tip of my nose. Previously using 8"/10"/stock heights, I wanted the stock height for both rain protection and big a$$ bug hit protection. I do have a FLHX shield for sporty rides. The Freedom shield also has a different cut at the top, kinda between the half moon (stock) look and level cuts of other shield makers. At speed, the shield creates a nice pocket of calm air yet I still feel the breeze you want. The recurve works because as a test, I tried riding with a ball cap on my head. It shimmied/shook and came off with my stock 12" but remained calmly intact with the Freedom. Also the wider top cut created a slight calmer void and helped me hear the tunes a bit better. I attached a couple pictures to show how the 12" dark tint looks on my black denim FLHT. I think it looks pretty darn good. Glad I went with my gut feeling on this one.. Troop

Last edited by troop; 09-24-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:05 AM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Any passenger feedback you can give?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:14 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DamifIknow
Any passenger feedback you can give?
Not as of yet as I ride solo 95%+ of the time. Good question though as that higher deflection has to go somewhere...