Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happened today in Asheville, NC

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
sh57
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my line of work, I see it all the time. Drunk, no DL and no insurance. What do they get? A slap on the wrist.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,124 Likes on 1,029 Posts

The saddest part, situations like this are only happen more and more because the SOBs get away with it with the "slap on the wrist" all too often!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:11 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
In my local town last week, a woman made an illegal left turn in front of an on-coming Harley rider. The bike stuck the side of the vehicle and the female driver fled to her home not far away. A witness followed her and contacted the police, who arrested her for leaving the scene of an accident, no drivers' license and no insurance. The rider died this last weekend.
Wouldnt doubt if she was an I.A. (illegal alien)

Old 06-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I live here in Asheville also.. Heard about this one. When I hear these stories here, I'm quick to assume one of three things were happening: Texting or phone, drunk, or illegal alien. Seen a lot of hit-n-runs here lately where the perp was an "undocumented" or other head-on's or bad wrecks caused by texting/phone distraction. Girl got killed on Long Shoals Rd a few weeks back, on the stinking cell-phone.. Crossed lanes of traffic, head on collision. Nasty wreck. She died. Other driver she hit seriously injured. It's got to stop.

I fear this is becoming a nation-wide issue, not just here. But I'm seeing the roads becoming more and more treacherous here each day. Every single day they get worse.

Never thought I'd say it but I think serious legislation should come down for wrecks proven caused by cell-phone distraction. While we're at it, illegals as well, and drunks. My take on it is, protect me from you, not from me. Seatbelts and helmets optional, but cell-phones protect others from a person that can't chew gum and walk at the same time, and the laws are already there for the drunks. The illegals here (plentiful) drive like they're still in downtown cancun.

And hit/runs involving a death.. Should be up there with murder as far as sentencing goes.

Last edited by Babs; 06-12-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:09 PM
kc347
Cruiser

I got a piano string. Tie one end around his nuts and the other to my tour pak. I will ride real slow maybe.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:07 PM
dwg1956
Tourer

ASHEVILLE — An Asheville man was arrested in connection with an accident that killed a motorcycle driver.

Aron Clifford Hallum, 22, of Erskine Avenue, was charged late Friday with felony hit and run and driving while license revoked, according to arrest warrants. Bond was set at $50,500.

The victim was identified as Johnnie Nelson Faircloth Jr., 36, of Asheville.

Police said the suspect fled the scene after a 2008 Harley Davidson was struck about 3 p.m. by a 2000 Suzuki Forenza in the area of 7 Tunnel Road. The car was headed west when the driver lost control, crossed all lanes of traffic and struck the motorcycle head-on.

There were two people on the Harley and both were thrown from the motorcycle.
The motorcycle driver sustained critical injuries and died at Mission Hospital. His female passenger sustained injuries that did not appear to be life threatening.

The Suzuki driver ran from the scene on foot, leaving behind the rental car and two passengers.

Capt. Tim Splain said Hallum later agreed to turn himself in.

An arrest warrant states an officer detected a strong odor of alcohol, and a blood sample was drawn.

Comments >>

Read and share your thoughts on this story.

Aron Clifford Hallum. (Special to the Citizen-Times)

Related Articles