Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra... OMG!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
profp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy UC Rider
I am quite interested in this thread also. I have had my bike for almost 2 weeks, should be doing the 1000 mile service next week. I can honestly say that there really isn't anything I would have to change right now. I will say that I am really impressed with the speakers at highway speeds. Which leads into my question. I am looking at the Fuel Moto Power Package. How loud are the Jackpots? I like the Harley rumble, but with the wife riding a lot, I can't annoy her, or my motorcycle touring comes to an end. Let me know what ou think.

Cale
I put the FuelMoto package plus 2-1-2 pipe on mine. I did get the quiet insert, (which incidently reduces the right exhaust to a 1/2" opening). The sound level at hearing midrange frequencies is substantially amplifed including a resonating drone at cruise. They did not pass the "wife prefers stereo" test for me so I went back to stock mufflers. As for performance, "seat of the pants" rides comparing the stock and restricted sound Jackpot mufflers and found no noticiable difference except the sound.

Keith at FuelMoto confirmed that no PCV map change is required for the muffler change and the bike does run cooler than stock, which was my objective. A comment: Fuel Moto genuinely cares about their customers !! They (Keith and Jamie) are personally accessible, they give their honest opinion (e.g. I don't need an auto tuner), they will work with you any way you want. That is great service for a company that does the volume I expect they do.

I'm just saying

Old 06-12-2010, 05:22 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by brgtr3
BUT: what pipes should I upgrade to?
Fuel Moto is in the forefront of exhaust innovation, so I would give them a call. They sell their line of products as well as most others.

I would consider their Power Package, which includes a PCV, AC, and Jackpot mufflers. IMO it is an excellent package, especially when cost is factored into the equation. Their customer service is also second to none.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:30 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Picked up my Limited last week...love everything about it compared to my 03 Ultra. Not going to change a thing.....love the sound of the stock exhause....no pipes for me. The only thing I may do to it is the Zepplin seat like I had on my other bike.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:37 PM
bones642
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock pipes on limited

Congrats on your new bike! Is the stock exhaust on the Limited 103 the same as the Ultra 96. If its the same pipe, would the cubic inches make much difference?