Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Limited, Python Predator exhaust, 2 1/2" competition baffles

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:33 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 Limited, Python Predator exhaust, 2 1/2" competition baffles

Asked my dealer if there was a way to make my pipes a little louder, he suggested competition baffles, so I ordered them for my bike. Anyone have any experience with this set-up, 3 1/2" Python Predators w/ 2 1/2" competition baffles? I find the Predators a little too mellow and thought this might add some "pop" without having to buy and install a new set of pipes.

Any thoughts on adding competition baffles to any pipes and what the effect will be?

Last edited by rvnkontum; 06-12-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:31 PM
kungfupanda
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered at set for my 2009 Street Glide. I am running the Vance and Hines Power Duals with Rineharts 3.5 inch and I think the Rineharts are way too quiet. Have you tried running these python predators with aftermarket headers? Should make a big difference. I am also wondering what is this competition baffle... did you install it? If you have a you tube video I would like to see it. Any difference is sound/power? Thank you.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:12 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by kungfupanda
I just ordered at set for my 2009 Street Glide. I am running the Vance and Hines Power Duals with Rineharts 3.5 inch and I think the Rineharts are way too quiet. Have you tried running these python predators with aftermarket headers? Should make a big difference. I am also wondering what is this competition baffle... did you install it? If you have a you tube video I would like to see it. Any difference is sound/power? Thank you.
They tried to put the baffles in at the dealer, but only one would go in, I left it that way, they said it would improve the sound, it didn"t, so I went to Rinehart 4" pipes, still nothing, then I had them put on the V&H Power Duals, much better. The sound is much more aggressive, and hammers when I give it throttle but I think I'm going to switch the Rineharts for V&H wide ovals. I had them on my '08 Road King and loved the sound of them, I'm hoping that the Power Duals, no cat, and wide ovals, will give me the sound I enjoyed so much on the RK. Right now I'm tired of paying the Harley Tax, so I'm going to wait until next year to do it!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:17 AM
kungfupanda
Cruiser

What do you think of the Twin Slashers from V/H? Did you have the V/H Power Duals when you put on the Pythons? Sound was not as loud as expected? From the youtube videos on the Python, they sound nice, but some had stock headers with the python, and some had dresser duals with the pythons. I just like the look of the Pythons, especially with that billet tip. I just wanted to be different here in So Cal, everyone runs thunderheader here. Maybe I should follow? I hope not...

Originally Posted by rvnkontum
They tried to put the baffles in at the dealer, but only one would go in, I left it that way, they said it would improve the sound, it didn"t, so I went to Rinehart 4" pipes, still nothing, then I had them put on the V&H Power Duals, much better. The sound is much more aggressive, and hammers when I give it throttle but I think I'm going to switch the Rineharts for V&H wide ovals. I had them on my '08 Road King and loved the sound of them, I'm hoping that the Power Duals, no cat, and wide ovals, will give me the sound I enjoyed so much on the RK. Right now I'm tired of paying the Harley Tax, so I'm going to wait until next year to do it!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:32 AM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by kungfupanda
What do you think of the Twin Slashers from V/H? Did you have the V/H Power Duals when you put on the Pythons? Sound was not as loud as expected? From the youtube videos on the Python, they sound nice, but some had stock headers with the python, and some had dresser duals with the pythons. I just like the look of the Pythons, especially with that billet tip. I just wanted to be different here in So Cal, everyone runs thunderheader here. Maybe I should follow? I hope not...
No, I had the stock setup when I had the Predators on, went to Rineharts when I put on the Power duals. The Predators sounded nice on the website, but when I had them on the bike with the catalytic converter on, I could barely hear them, maybe they'll give you the sound you want with the power duals, I don't know, they didn't work for me. I like loud, and would have gotten True Duals, but I like torque too, and I was afraid I'd lose some of that if I didn't go with the Power duals. Hope you find what you're looking for, I'm still searching!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:44 AM
kungfupanda
Cruiser

Thanks for your input. I have a high flow with Screaming Eagle Racing Tuner and the V/H Power Duals, hopefully the Pythons will work out. Your right, so hard to choose a muffler.....if you pick one out let me know. I am looking for loud one without sacrificing torque as well.

Originally Posted by rvnkontum
No, I had the stock setup when I had the Predators on, went to Rineharts when I put on the Power duals. The Predators sounded nice on the website, but when I had them on the bike with the catalytic converter on, I could barely hear them, maybe they'll give you the sound you want with the power duals, I don't know, they didn't work for me. I like loud, and would have gotten True Duals, but I like torque too, and I was afraid I'd lose some of that if I didn't go with the Power duals. Hope you find what you're looking for, I'm still searching!