Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Tail lamp for FLHRC

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:59 AM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED Tail lamp for FLHRC

Anyone have the HD LED tail lamp? Wondering if it is significantly brighter than the stock light for an 09 RKC. Part is http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

The wish book, I mean parts catalog shows it fits the '09 FHLRC but the web site only lists the FLHR, which doesn't make sense. Also, the pics aren't clear - does it still have the top-mount white light for the license plate?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:12 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the HD l.e.d. is worth the money and not much brighter than stock. I would go with the Radiantz tail light.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:20 AM
bellgnte
Road Master

I can't talk for the HD LED tailight but I can tell you that the 09 FLHR doesn't require the white window on top (which is for lighting the license plate) because the license plate it below the tail light on mine. Does the FLHRC still have the plate above? That might be why the book says it fits the FLHR.

I would imagine it is brighter. I say this because I went with a laydown smoked lense and one of those LED red bulbs from Drag Specialties. My light is as bright as the stock if not a tad brighter.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
ehans
Tourer

Originally Posted by bellgnte
I can't talk for the HD LED tailight but I can tell you that the 09 FLHR doesn't require the white window on top (which is for lighting the license plate) because the license plate it below the tail light on mine. Does the FLHRC still have the plate above? That might be why the book says it fits the FLHR.
Ahh, yeah, on the FLHRC, the license plate is above. TheShrink - I'll check out the Radiantz.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:31 AM
batman4706
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the Bright *** Light, they models with the window either way, programmable with a magnet they include, plug & play..lots of happy customers on this forum.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:33 AM
ehans
Tourer

Originally Posted by batman4706
Go with the Bright *** Light, they models with the window either way, programmable with a magnet they include, plug & play..lots of happy customers on this forum.
Finding a hard time justifying the $399 price for it. Just want a bright light, don't need 20 programmable patterns.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm very pleased with the BAL-1R (the "basic" BAL but with an all read lens) with a list price of $199, purchased with 20% off coupon from the dealer. A nice feature is the higher intensity "run" light.

Check around and see if there's a dealer with the BAL counter display light. You may be sold when you see it in person on the counter or on someone's bike--I was.

Good luck with your search.

Carl

Old 06-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Serge A. Storms
Road Captain
Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a Kuryakyn LED on my RK and its really bright, lights up the whole garage! Its the smoked laydown model, looks good on the bike. And it does have the white lamp for the tail lamp.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:00 PM
tedcmiller (Cry Baby)
Banned

I installed the H-D LED tail/brake light on my 2008 RG. The installation was easy, and I have had no problems. It is somewhat brighter than the original incandescent version, but "significantly" is like "beauty," it is "in the eye of the beholder." In my case, the license plate is above the light and I installed the version that has white LEDs to shine on the license plate.

Typically H-D leaves off the training letters for all accessories that fit a particular lines of motorcycles. In your case, the LED tail lamps will fit all FLHR models regardless of what letters follow (e.g., in your case the letter is C).

Old 06-11-2010, 02:07 PM
ravenwolf
6th Gear

I have the Bright *** LIghts LED taillight on my 2010 Ultra, makes a big difference. It's much brighter than stock taillight....and I notice that cars behind me stay further back...which is one of the main reasons I put this on. I also changed out the stock rear turn signals to a running/brake/turn signal system with LED clusters.

Quick Reply: LED Tail lamp for FLHRC