Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics setup and Accessory power

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 AM
brewdude
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketronics setup and Accessory power

I hope I get all the details correct here. I don't expect anyone to fix this for me on the forum, but hopefully I'll get some good advice from a few folks on what to do next. Here's the scenario:

I have a 2009 FLHTP. I bought a Biketronics setup and installed it along with a Cruisemount setup. Both worked flawlessly at first. I was on a multi day ride and noticed that when I turned the bike on there was a hum coming from the right hand speaker and no music. I got to a friends house and popped the faring thinking there was a loose speaker wire. It turned out there wasn't so I buttoned it back up. After installing the faring again I didn't have power at the back of the cig lighter (biketronics supplies a jumper to use on that circuit for switched power). I just left it as it was until I got home. When i got home I got the electrical testers out. I pulled the accessory fuse thinking that was the problem. The fuse was fine. I turned the switch on to check for continuity from the fuse to the cig lighter pig tail and that failed. Brake lights and everything else on the accessory circuit seem to be working just fine. When I pull the fuse the clock shuts down as well. I also jumped power to the stereo from another power source and the radio does work just fine (I forgot to check if the right speaker worked...probably a different issue).

I'm not an electrical expert by any means, but I don't understand how I could lose continuity? I'm thinking that I need to just bite the bullet and take it to my dealer? Are there some troubleshooting steps that I should be doing other than what I've done?

Thanks

Last edited by brewdude; 06-11-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:51 PM
brewdude
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found the issue. The fuse labeled "P&A" was blown. I was focusing my attention on the fuse labeled "Accessories".

Last edited by brewdude; 06-11-2010 at 06:50 PM.