Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

George Anderson Tour Pak Relocator

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:17 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sargek
Not meaning to hijack the thread, this is sort of related - for those of you with "short" GFs/wives, once moving the tourpack back, did they have issues with legs hitting the front of the saddlebag guard/frame bars? My wife is 5"2" and she is complaining her legs are getting bruised on the top, front chrome bar. I am going to need to get some black foam pipe insulation or something to stick on there when she rides. Anyone else have this issue?
I have the comfort bars on my bike. Notice how they angle down so my wife's legs don't rest on them.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyDevilHD03
Sounds like a great deal. I've got an '03 Ultra Classic (43000 miles) and just had my stock tour pack bar BREAK last night, while going down the highway with my wife on the back! Talk about unnerving...I don't know what I would have done if the tour pack would have fallen completely off...

Anyway, does the mod kit use the stock bar that the tour pack bolts to? The stealership wants $80 for the stock replacement. I've been considering a relocate kit anyway, figure now is as good a time as any. Looked at Kuryakin's, they use the stock bar, so I would have to buy that anyway...just looking for an alternative. Also what is the $$??

Thanks!
I installed the GA kit without the stock bar. You don't need to use it as the plate will replace it.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:43 PM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
I have the comfort bars on my bike. Notice how they angle down so my wife's legs don't rest on them.

Thanks - will check into that.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:43 PM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not meaning to hijack the thread, this is sort of related - for those of you with "short" GFs/wives, once moving the tourpack back, did they have issues with legs hitting the front of the saddlebag guard/frame bars? My wife is 5"2" and she is complaining her legs are getting bruised on the top, front chrome bar. I am going to need to get some black foam pipe insulation or something to stick on there when she rides. Anyone else have this issue?
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about...my GF is 5'1"; she had the same problem. I didnt change the bag bars 'cause I had the chrome bag rails and leather pouchs. I purchased the HD passenger floorboard risers ( # 50789-99B )...raised her feet about 2" if I remember right. She said it made ALL the difference. I ordered them from Lakeshore HD ( lshd1.com ) for about $100. (HD= hundred dollars)

Hope this helps.

Billy G

Old 06-11-2010, 09:47 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Thanks Billy, wil look into it. I guess no matter which way I go, it's just like the old "HD" thing: "Hundred Dollars"...! I like the idea of not having to put foam or sheepskin or something else on the bar that I have to carry around.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:41 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on George. He's a great guy that knows what customer service is all about. From what I have heard he doesn't go on the web and doesn't own a computer. he's an old school guy and will never know about all the good things that are said about him on the net.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:59 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I put mine on in about 15 minutes great product.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:16 AM
rdkc01
Advanced

And yet another satisfied customer. If you have a tour-pak and have not done this modification you do not know what your missing. Both passanger and rider will be loving it.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:15 AM
xdanman
Tourer
Default re

I am going today to get the extended reach passeger mount from dealer, my wife has the bar trouble on her legs. It raises 2 1/4". Does the tour pack relocator have any kind of quick release or does it just move it back, if so, how far?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 PM
homerandpooh
Tourer

Will George's kit work on a 2010 detachable Tourpack installation? Does this kit replace the factory mounting kit?

Last edited by homerandpooh; 07-02-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Quick Reply: George Anderson Tour Pak Relocator