Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide HEADLIGHT Bezel conversion help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

g money and jokenighttrain,

Thanks!
Good info and something I'll definitely have to inspect one of these weekends.

littlebear,

Good to hear you like your new J&Ms speakers. I think I'll plan to buy new speakers before I pull off my fairing.

All,
I just installed a brand new HD Windsplitter windshield and am going back to my Clearview right away. I'm selling the HD windsplitter for $100 shipped if anybody wants it. It's been on the bike about 50 miles only.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:59 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RODEO
I think the headlight assembly is too far forward as the new bezel is hitting the bulbs at the top. I think I need to see if that assembly can be pulled back some. Anybody know how to accomplish that? If the bezel touches the bulbs, will that become a problem?
On my '09 RG I mounted my headlights on the front of the headlight backing plate just like on the '10's.
I just drilled through the existing holes (4 per headlight) from the rear and ran a screw all the way through, fully tapping the hole.
Now I can change a bulb from the front without pulling the outer fairing.
The backing plate will sit back further than before now as the headlights are closer to the bezel cover.
The two lower headlight angle adjustment screws can be seen from the inner fairing.
On the '10's these three adjustment screws are shorter for this reason.
The bottom two are now easy to get to with a 4.5mm socket.
The upper one is still hidden within all the wires under the radio.
I can understand the upper one being shorter so it doesn't hit wires. HD has a plastic cover over it to protect the wires,
but if you have ever pulled your headlight assembly you cannot snap it back in with the stud cover.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO
. Can anyone suggest a decent upgrade of speakers to replace those stockers?
I went with the J&M 7.25.......along with the J&M amp...I can now hear my speakers at 75-80 mph.....made a big difference, not car or truck sound but pretty darn good for an open motorcycle.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 AM
lowflyer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

Fixmyhog video of FLT fairing removal is very good. The mech. doing the work referred to the FLT fairing as the "bat wing". I thought it`s the "shark nose" and the street glides are "bat wings".

Old 10-05-2010, 10:40 PM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

So, you guys that are replacing the bubble for a CVO headlight bezel, are you going with the glossy black or using the flat matte finish?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:27 PM
MoonmanVT
Stage IV

I am having the same problem fitting the bezel on my 2007. The housing is too far forward for the bezel to "snap" into place, and will have to remove the outer fairing on a rainy day. Is it possible to move the whole headlight assembly rearward?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, the whole headlight assembly will move back by turning all three of the adjusting screws, equally, to keep the aim. I did that at first on my 07. Just this past winter I installed the headlight assembly from a 2010. Now the headlights mount to the front of the housing instead of mounting to the back so the housing is closer to the fairing and the headlights fit nicely into the bezel. Plus, with just a slight modification, I can now access all three adjusting screws without pulling the outer fairing off.