Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycle seat overhaul first impression....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 AM
SouthGaHOG
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mean City Cycle seat overhaul first impression....

Received my 09 Ultra Classic seat from MCC yesterday. They did the double decker memory foam mod to the seat and I was able to put about 50 miles on it before I had to head home. First impression is that the seat isnt as plush as I thought it would be, very firm. I know that there is a break in period, but I just want to know what to expect from the ones who have had their seat done by MCC in the past.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited by SouthGaHOG; 06-10-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:19 AM
sh57
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 500 miles on mine and at this point it is still getting better every time I ride. Allen had advised me that it takes about 800 miles for it to get broken in

Old 06-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthGaHOG
Received my 09 Ultra Classic seat from MCC yesterday. They did the double decker memory foam mod to the seat and I was able to put about 50 miles on it before I had to head home. First impression is that the seat isnt as plush as I thought it would be, very firm. I know that there is a break in period, but I just want to know what to expect from the ones who have had their seat done by MCC in the past.

Thanks in advance for the info.
If you don't mind me asking, how much do they charge to do an Ultra Classic Seat? Plus let us know if it does need breaking in and get's better. I'm looking at the Mustang Super touring seat as well #79556 w/ rider backrest. Thanks!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a similar seat as you on my RK. I recently had the same mod to mine and haven't been very impressed. I'm getting tail bone pain after 35 miles in the saddle...really sucks! I talked to the guys at MCC and I will be sending mine back to them for more mod's; the part that sucks is I'll end up with more shipping cost than what I paid for the mod. If it doesn't get any better I'm not sure what I'm going to do...There has to be a seat out there somewhere that fits my a$$.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had the MCC double decker foam done to my Sundowner seat and didn't do anything for me. They said I could send it back, but I figure I'll just end up paying more shipping charges, be without the seat(bike) for a week and not hopeful it will get better. I'm looking at a C&C seat now.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

C & C Seats! Just do it!

Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Just got mine back today, taking it out over the weekend, will post a my thoughts on Monday. I have to say I am at a loss....... Before I sent it in, There were about 30 posts on how great the mod was...... now that I did it..... the negative posts come out...... oh well..... I hope it works for me

Be Safe JIM

Old 06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Lots of people love their MCC mod, a lot more than don't. It just didn't work for me.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Yep!

Originally Posted by hoethree
C & C Seats! Just do it!

Old 06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine didn't work out either, ended up selling to another member here and bought a Sundowner. I can say I didn't give it the 500 or 800 mile break in. Can't remember who I sold it to but never got a complaint.

btw, the sundowner was and still is good from day one

Quick Reply: Mean City Cycle seat overhaul first impression....