Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My riding partner in the ICU

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Carl, I really can't imagine the pain you're feeling. Our prayers and best wishes are sure directed towards you and your son. You need to stay strong for him- remember to take care of yourself during these immensely stressful times. Best wishes, sincerely, and good luck.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, I'd be screaming inside, and maybe out, "This isn't damn'd fair! ! !" Best wishes, hopes, prayers for your son catching a break or two...your whole family, for that matter.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 AM
buffettphan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So many thanks to everyone for the kindness. Only here.
CJ is now off the ICU and into a surgical floor room. He is struggling with pain control but being a true Harley Trooper. All he looks forward to is riding his Harley. Unfortunatly he will miss Laconia Bike Week that we live right next door to, but theres always next year.
He had a awesome experience yesterday while in the ICU. My daughter and i found Dane Cook doing a TV shoot on the same floor and we started talking to him and asked if he would come see CJ. He dropped everything to come see him. CJ likes Dane Cook about as much as he does his Harley. It was great.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Indiana Bob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carl, My heart breaks as I read your story. You must have some mighty big shoulders or God would not have given you all of this to carry. I just prayed for your son and you and your family. Keep us posted.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Mark
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that is tough, I wish you and your son all the best.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
LA Cox
Cruiser

I can't imagine what you are going through and what you have been through. Prayers sent to your family.

Late,

Old 06-11-2010, 07:50 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

You know, one would think
that if we can put man on the moon
we would be able to cure cancer
my mother died a week ago yesterday

Old 06-11-2010, 07:55 AM
TMYHARLEY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by buffettphan
Well, just when we thought it could not get any worse, or when we thought things were getting better after our loss, we found out my son has Gastric Stomach Cancer. He is 17 yrs old and my very best riding partner. We have covered many many miles over the past few months. He rides a 883 sporty that he loves and is building in the Wilie G theme.
So i sit here in the ICU after they have removed his stomach and pray to whatever God there is out there that they got all the cancer from his body out.
In his short time he has had so many problems medically, similar problems his sister had who passed away in the fall of last year. I can only imagine what goes through is mind while we are our riding the bikes.
Unfortunate we don't think he will be able to ride in the benefit ride we have organized for this July in hi sisters honor. All he talks about is getting back on his bike. He is defiantly his fathers son.
Carl
I wish you and your family the best. I can only imagine what you must be going through. My riding partner is my father and my best friend.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
The Road Warrior
6th Gear

Carl,
Our Prayers are with you and your son. Keep the faith you guys will always ride together. I lost my son 5 years ago. I pray for the best.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Fireman_Rich
Cruiser

As someone diagnosed with cancer, I wish you and your son the very best. You and he will be in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe one day I'll have the privilege meeting you and your son. Best wishes.

Rich

Quick Reply: My riding partner in the ICU