Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

options for King Tour Pak Backrests

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010 | 06:16 PM
ballbreaker69
|
Tourer
Default options for King Tour Pak Backrests

I am looking at putting a king tour pak on my Roadking Flhr with a solo seat. I am wondering if anyone has found a different backrest for the tour pak other than the backrests with the arm rests. I really like the look of the chopped tour pak backrest style. Since the tour pak will be on a solo detachable rack and used exclusively for the drivers backrest I would like to have a more clean looking backrest.

Old 06-09-2010 | 07:33 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

A King tour pak will come with pre-drilled holes for the regular backrest. You can use a chopped tour pak backrest, but you will need to drill the holes for it. The extra holes can be filled with plastic plugs from Home Depot, etc.

Also, the height of the King tour pak will not provide the lower back support a rider backrest will provide so I don't know how much value there is in using the King tour pak backrest (whichever you choose) as a backrest--it will contact you in the middle of your back; at least mine did when I had it on a solo detachable rack.

One thought would be to save the money by not buying a tour pak backrest and use the savings to buy a seat with a rider backrest. You may have to relocate the tour pak rearward on the solo rack to accommodate the rider backrest.

Carl

Carl

Old 06-09-2010 | 09:21 PM
ballbreaker69
|
Tourer

the pictures of the solo seat and tour pac are deceiving in the pictures. I did not realize that there was no lower back support which is something I really need. The solo seat with back rest sounds a better deal.