Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the Cons of Dyna Beads

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 05:03 AM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ks6c
For me, the big negative is that I can't use Ride-On or Slime in the tires, and I'd rather have puncture resistance and wheel weights (that I really can't see, anyway) than the risk of a flat.

I wish there was a product that could serve both functions.
Ride-On is both a tire balancer & sealant in one.
http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

Old 06-28-2012, 05:49 AM
kyote
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
The size of them are 2.8 μm diameter. They are really small but the key thing is that they are all the exact same size and shape. They are really made for medical research but they just happen to work great in tires. Here is a link to the company that makes them if you would like to learn more.
http://www.invitrogen.com/site/us/en...echnology.html
I don't believe those are the same beads..
The medical beads are magnetic.. These Dynabeads are ceramic...

Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

No cons here. Installed them in my Ultra with 2 oz. in front and 3 oz. in the rear. I used a longer piece of tubing to install the beads instead of the short tube provided. This makes it easier to control the flow of the beads and keep them from backing up in the tubing and falling on the floor.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Beach Bagger
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found a few retailers online that sell the beads and the starter kit, but I'm having trouble finding the filtered valve cores. Anybody know where I can buy those online?

Old 04-10-2014, 07:25 PM
blacktopr
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerfromco
Just got it back from the dealer and it all checked out okay. They test rode it and felt the drift / tracking issue too and could not identify the cause - they assumed it was the dyna beads too.
I have run them for years and its not the dynabreads .Try another dealer its a alignment problem. If they didn't know the beads are in the tire they would have looked at the alignment. Your tire could be bad a well (rear) .I've had new tires from the factory bad from the get go. I had the wheel weights come off my limited when it was new , came home put bike on lift and took all the rest of the weights off and then deflated tires and installed the beads , Its easy and better than the weights .Absolutely no balance issues if you understand how they work.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:56 PM
BLKPRLFLHTCU
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been running beads in my tubes for years, two rear tires for every front one. I reuse the rear tube once, I go through a rear tire pretty well once a year. I have never had a problem but of course most would say replace the tube every time aswell. If the tube had a hole in it or it was cracked around the stem I would replace it and the beads. I have stock laced wheels on an 07 Ultra, an no I have never had to tighten the spokes either, but I keep checking them anyway.