Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pack your clothes in?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Bombarde32
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pack your clothes in?

So I'm getting ready for a short 5 hour run over to Florida and will spend a few nights. What do y'all pack your clothes in? I mean ... obviously the saddle bags and tour pack. But ... do you just use duffle bags? Or are there duffles made to fit the shape of the saddle bags?

Staying at a decent hotel and didn't want to walk through the lobby with a trash bag full of clothes or multiple zip lock bags showing off the undies ...

Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM
eaheritage
Tourer

Some times I put my clothes in a garbage bag in case of rain than in a duffle bag and grab a few bungy cords a let it go at that . thats fun and free feeling.....

Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a set of the HD luggage inserts. Awesome. When you get to your destination, yank them out and lock the saddlebags back up. No wasted space either. They were around 50 bucks.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. Saddlebag & trunk inserts. I bought the soft ones, because then you can still cram more s**t in on top of them if you have to. I've never tried the hard saddlebag or trunk inserts.

There are also companies (including HD) that make inserts for other types of HD saddlebags (ie leather, etc).

Cannon

Old 06-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep the new MoCo bags with the Ultra Ltd are the best design for panniers - I've never had any leaks on Harley hard boxes

Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

If your stayin in a decent place just flip the bell hop a few bucks and no one will know who is bringin in the grubs!!...... That will leave your arms oren for carring in the Booze! Have a safe trip!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Bombarde32
Cruiser

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Only question is ... rather than MoCo ... are their forum sponsors that sell this equipment?

For a variety of reasons I prefer not to buy stuff from HD unless I can't get it anywhere else.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:23 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonny Cannon
Yep. Saddlebag & trunk inserts. I bought the soft ones, because then you can still cram more s**t in on top of them if you have to. I've never tried the hard saddlebag or trunk inserts.

There are also companies (including HD) that make inserts for other types of HD saddlebags (ie leather, etc).

Cannon
I have the soft liners as well.

http://accessories.harley-davidson.c...s/default.aspx

Kury has them as well.

Another knock off
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-S...Q5fAccessories
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go.../27/IMID/1800/

Old 06-08-2010, 02:24 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

River Road makes/sells a pair. Available from most any vendor i'm sure. PhatPerformance had them If i remember correctly.
Edit-
Yup:
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/..._p/10-7234.htm

Of course the 99 dollar free shipping is going to make you find more stuff to buy

Old 06-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a small duffel bag that fits into my Tour Pak I ride out in throw away shirts and toss 'em as I go. Lord knows I have a buttload of old shirts to get rid of and I usually buy new ones from the spots I ride through.

I'm planning a 5,000+ miler next month. I'll dig out the old underwear, socks and t-shirts that are ready to be tossed and pack those. I can wear a pair of jeans forever, so no tossing those.

Quick Reply: Pack your clothes in?