Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 AM
audettd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you are alright. My office mate got hit by a drunk 3 years ago. The insurance company took great care of him. Please make sure to check your helmets/coats/boots etc....they were all replaced by insurance company. You didn't tell us the year of the bike

Old 06-08-2010, 06:57 AM
RodeDawg
Cruiser

Glad you are ok. Yes, get a medical check up for you and your boy.

File the claim with Allstate (I have them too)! This is a situation where your insurance company works FOR you. Get it to a dealership and replace with NEW - every little item! Why are you trying to save HER money? Let them go through it with a fine tooth comb.

File the claim. Get them on your side....

Old 06-08-2010, 06:57 AM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

First thing is you and your son have no significant injuries. As far as rental on a bike, i would go this route, ask for loss of use. That is to say, you would be getting paid an amount everyday that you are without your bike. I am a claims adjuster for NC Farm Bureau. Every state has different laws, but if you have any general questions i would be glad to help you out with what i can.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:57 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone in here for you comments, this is great, now I need to go to the repair shop and check out the damages, also I need to call the insurance company. again thanks all!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,268 Likes on 1,582 Posts

My parked bike got hit in a parking lot hit-and-run. They caught the guy that hit it.

His insurance paid for a rental, no questions asked. They wanted to give me some little POS hatch back and I told them no. They asked where could I get a rental, told them the same dealer that was fixing it, and it was paid for.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

I hope if I ever reck the bike that it is totaled. I am not sure if I would want to ride a bike that has been heavly damaged....

Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

just glad you and your son are OK and I hope it stays that way with no injuries showing up later....good luck with everything!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad to hear you are OK, But if the damage is that bad I would only take it to a HD Dealer, my own personal opinion I would not trust a Indy for a bike rebuilt after an accident.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Rnemhrd
Cruiser

I got rental coverage due to my bike being my primary source of transportation due to my truck getting 10mpg, and fuel costs. I also told them that if they refused I would take it to court and they would have to pay a lawyer to represent them, also that a judge would prolly side with me since my property was unusable due to there insureds neglagence. Thay DID pay me rental.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 AM
KingCripps
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Me too

I got rear-ended two years ago. The back pain came about two weeks after the accident. It wasn't as bad as yours, but needed a new fender and such. I think the lady had Hartford insurance. There were no problems. They gave me about a grand for pain and suffering. You should get a lot more.

Glad you survived. Hope it is the last one...

Quick Reply: Crashed yesterday