Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F@#ckin painters!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:04 PM
workmat
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
Man that sucks....Move to Illinois...EVERYONE speaks ENGLISH here!!!! Comprehend'ey
depends what part of chicago you live in..

Old 06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Kilo6
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n8dc
Ok once again the kybd cowboys have threatened everything from near death to a custom paint job .. You guys crack me up .. Hopefully they can fix the leathers and if not then the guy will have to pay... **** does happen and sometimes people are pretty stupid.. These guys may have had orders to cover anything that wasnt moved but were too lazy to do that ?... Good luck im sure its gonna be all right in the end.
The OP said they did cover up the bike with a drop cloth but were told to uncover it. I know I wouldn't want some unknown painter putting a drop cloth, of unknown quality, on my bike. Of course it may have been better than getting paint all over it.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Marine Trader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda makes sense to me.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Update #3

Took my daughter & her husband to Vegas as a wedding present this past weekend so the bike is in my friends garage locked up. He is visiting his mother who is going through hospice, so please send out your prayers for her to have as painless a passing as possible. This has my bike out of my hands until this weekend.

I received my leathers back from the Omish leatherman and WOW!! This guy does excellent work. If you are ever in need of some leather work in or around Corpus Christi, TX please let me know and I will give you his number.

I hope to have her back Sunday so that I can put her back together for Million Mile Monday.

Thanks all for your concerns, but paint on my bike doesn't compare to my buddies mother's situation. Please again say a prayer for her.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kilo6
The OP said they did cover up the bike with a drop cloth but were told to uncover it. I know I wouldn't want some unknown painter putting a drop cloth, of unknown quality, on my bike. Of course it may have been better than getting paint all over it.
Maybe, but the paint is a more obvious damage than scratches from the tarp would have been. So easier to have remedied. Scratches can be argued, not paint.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Final update

She is back together and looking fine! Thanks all for your concerns and encouragement on getting it right.