Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar options for Road Glide??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:50 AM
suicide441
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Handlebar options for Road Glide??

Try 56623-99. These are for a Heritage and gave me just enough extension without changing cables.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:53 AM
skater69
Cruiser

I was looking at the chubby bars too.
Hey Phil...your bars definitely look taller than stock....they're more pulled back toward you as well compared to the stock bars?

Old 08-21-2006, 01:10 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes... Taller and more pull-back. No more wrists falling asleep back pain between the shoulder blades!

VERY comfortable!

Old 08-21-2006, 01:18 AM
customsleds
Novice

Has anybody installed the Wild1 513's on a RG? just curious if those go on without cable changes and such.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:20 AM
ZookHD
Tourer

I have 517s on mine. I had them on my 2000 RG as well. Im 5'8" and find them very comfortable. If you are taller, you might want to consider the 508s (RK bar) and yes the 508's will fit (barely). One of my buddies is 6'2" and swears by his 508s. I had the 508 on my 2000 RG, rode it for a day. After I got back from an emergency visit to the chiroprator, I took them off. Heres a pic of my current ride with the 517s

[IMG]local://upfiles/13976/7DC3E0516A504BA280F8E3B87E8EF4CB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13976/599C52A227C04A99A4BB6485B8F0990F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 AM
allen.m
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

YEP, The wide glide bars are great love mine.
ORIGINAL: PhilM

ORIGINAL: StL Mike

Howie,
I've read that a Wide Glide's bar will fit a Road Glide without having to change the cables. The Wide Glide bars come back a few inches an put your hands in a diferent positon. I going to find out for sure in the next couple of weeks. I picked up the Wide Glide bars yesterday for my 05 Road Glide.
Mike
Ditto!

These make a day & night difference! Just be sure to get pre-2006 WG bars. IN 2006, they started using the thicker bars and the clamps won't work.

All ya have to do is re-reoute the clutch cable so that it runs between the left inner fairing and the fork assy. I also use a RK cable clamp on the fork to keep the cable from getting hooked on anything.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:57 AM
skater69
Cruiser

Cool..thx. Looks like the WG bar is what I'll do. Probably have it installed upon delivery of the bike or at the 1K mi service......this way it gives me the option to ride the bike stock and see if I somehow adjust.

ORIGINAL: allen.m

YEP, The wide glide bars are great love mine.

ORIGINAL: StL Mike

Howie,
I've read that a Wide Glide's bar will fit a Road Glide without having to change the cables. The Wide Glide bars come back a few inches an put your hands in a diferent positon. I going to find out for sure in the next couple of weeks. I picked up the Wide Glide bars yesterday for my 05 Road Glide.
Mike
Ditto!

These make a day & night difference! Just be sure to get pre-2006 WG bars. IN 2006, they started using the thicker bars and the clamps won't work.

All ya have to do is re-reoute the clutch cable so that it runs between the left inner fairing and the fork assy. I also use a RK cable clamp on the fork to keep the cable from getting hooked on anything.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 AM
x420d
Novice

PhilM-
I have just installed the wide glide bars on my 06 RoadGlide (great bars btw) and am having a small issue with the clutch cable, when i turn the handle bars from side to side the cable sticks along on of the bolts that holds the plastic shroud and then flops past it making a loud "clack" sound..

i had purchased a clamp part number 9990W. is this the same clamp that you had used for the cable? and did you attach it to the bolt that holds the plastic shrouding to the forks?

any closeup pics available?
thanks

Old 07-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: x420d

PhilM-
I have just installed the wide glide bars on my 06 RoadGlide (great bars btw) and am having a small issue with the clutch cable, when i turn the handle bars from side to side the cable sticks along on of the bolts that holds the plastic shroud and then flops past it making a loud "clack" sound..

i had purchased a clamp part number 9990W. is this the same clamp that you had used for the cable? and did you attach it to the bolt that holds the plastic shrouding to the forks?

any closeup pics available?
thanks

Dude--note that you're replying to a post that's a year old. But FWIW, I just put WG bars on my RG about a month ago. You have to cut the ziptie that secures the clutch cable to the frame and re-tie it at a different spot that will give you the slack you need.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:41 PM
FLTR Cowboy
6th Gear

BG Weasel,

I'm new to the board and have been reading all the posts on the RG handlebar issue. I too am going to install WG bars on my 07 RG. In your post you said you installed a pair recently. Is it true that everything stock will fit (everything is long enough) for the WG bars? My last bike was a RK and I changed the stock bars for a pair of Flander's (new cables, BK lines, internal wires) so I am handy with a wrench. I just want to make sure I get everything I need while I am at the HD shop. Also any tips.

Thanks, Cowboy

Quick Reply: Handlebar options for Road Glide??