Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Pro Pipe Chrome for 2010 a D&D Fatcat substitution.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:27 PM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

That pipe looks awesome!

Your review on sound has just made me rethink buying the Fat Cat. Plus I really like the fit and finish on that pipe. The lower price is just an added bonus.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:10 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow. Lookin' at your bike I think I effed up in my bike choice. I wanted a fugly from the get-go, but for whatever reason I rode out of the dealership with my SG. Probably because the only fugly they had was bright red (first shipment of '10 models)...

Nice bike, and I like the pipe too!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
swoopjr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCleary
Wow. Lookin' at your bike I think I effed up in my bike choice. I wanted a fugly from the get-go, but for whatever reason I rode out of the dealership with my SG. Probably because the only fugly they had was bright red (first shipment of '10 models)...

Nice bike, and I like the pipe too!
Glad I'm not the only one. I did the same damn thing.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Took a few minutes to post some video.

Take in mind that like most videos posted to youtube my little digital camera cannot capture the true bass of the pipes. They are much deeper in person.

Watch till the end. When I roll the throttle with my fat chubby hand you can hear somewhat the deeper sound these put out.

Not the best video ever made. I hope it makes you dizzy! Did me... Like watching an earthquake or something. (shaky)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faXLAsqF_uM

lp

Last edited by lp; 06-07-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the vid lp. Sounds good. Well as good as can be expected through computer speakers. I asked ya in the earlier post how you think they compare as far as a deep sound to Rineharts or Bubs???

Oh and you are getting as bad as me with trading. You are only two behind me now.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanna follow this one too...

Old 06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
shagnasty
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great! I've had V&H and they make a quality product. If you've lost any performance to D&D it can't be much. Both are nice set ups. Glad we have choices.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Thanks for the vid lp. Sounds good. Well as good as can be expected through computer speakers. I asked ya in the earlier post how you think they compare as far as a deep sound to Rineharts or Bubs???

Oh and you are getting as bad as me with trading. You are only two behind me now.
Truth be told I've never heard the Bubs, but a good friend has Rineharts with the standard baffles. I would say at cruise this new pro pipe is deeper but not as loud as the Rineharts. On take off the pro pipe is equal or close to the same loudness as the Rineharts. Rineharts do sound pretty bad ***. A 2-1 is going to sound a little bit different anyway.

lp

Last edited by lp; 06-07-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The sounds better than I expected. A buddy has the regular pro pipe on his ride and it is very tinny sounding. that has a nice deep rumble. I'm still a D&D man, but i don't ride in slacks! (Sorry, i couldn't resist!)

Old 06-08-2010, 05:21 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
The sounds better than I expected. A buddy has the regular pro pipe on his ride and it is very tinny sounding. that has a nice deep rumble. I'm still a D&D man, but i don't ride in slacks! (Sorry, i couldn't resist!)
Gotta agree with ya about the regular Pro Pipe. They are deep sounding but do have that tinny sound to go with it. As far as the D&D I have to say that they are about the best looking 2 into 1 out there. But I just do not like the sound. I had one back in 07 and IMO it sounds too much like a V8 with glass packs.

Quick Reply: V&H Pro Pipe Chrome for 2010 a D&D Fatcat substitution.