Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealer experience Twice in one day!!! Same dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default happy ending

OP, first, that sure is a pretty bike you've got. And glad you guys worked it out.

Originally Posted by flight
I ok with everything now...they did what they could in the end, at the time a bit upset given my trip next week...
The dealer's quality controls failed to pickup the scratched luggage on delivery, and failed again prior to customer pickup with the tires. Thus management failed to add value to their charges for material markup and their technician's labor. Having failed their customer so completely, they next failed to realise their complete blunder and respond in an appropriate manner immediately, but rather tried at first to brush you off, in a way.

With you being pressed for time on these "last-minute" preparations, having a trip coming up in a week, the consequence of any human error was bound to appear more serious and stressful; there was little time left for delays of any sort, particularly service for which you were paying full high retail!

I know that you have learned a great lesson from this, as the whole thing highlights the purpose and essential worth of rule #5 from Iron Butt Association Archive of Wisdom:
Rule #5.
"Avoid adding accessories or doing maintenance immediately before a trip."

Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Tex42
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posting on this Forum is similar to watching an episode of National Geo.. An injured animal is separated from the herd by a pack of Hyena's and the attack is swift. Not always quick and merciful either. Sometimes, when their not real hungry, they will play with him--then go for the kill.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I hate dealers for the most part, but I'm self-sufficient and don't need them.
What would have bothered me is wondering if the tires I was going on a trip with were properly installed.
The dyna bead thing is a mystery too - I have them in my tires with the original weights on, and they did get even smoother. I've wondered if I should try taking the weights off, but I come from the school of "if it works, don't FIX it".

Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM
flight
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
I hate dealers for the most part, but I'm self-sufficient and don't need them.
What would have bothered me is wondering if the tires I was going on a trip with were properly installed.
The dyna bead thing is a mystery too - I have them in my tires with the original weights on, and they did get even smoother. I've wondered if I should try taking the weights off, but I come from the school of "if it works, don't FIX it".
One more post your a 1K posts..

Thanks everyone for your comments...after the first couple posts I though I was off my rocker. I agree with what someone said regaurding the maintenence prior to a trip. Like I said before im cool with everything, and since it was so close to the trip I probably did over react a bit.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 06-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow, I've become a post ***** again! Seems that I like this bikesite so much I dropped all the others.