Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealer experience Twice in one day!!! Same dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:45 AM
flight
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I say there was no air in the tire it sounds like what you are describing. The bead was clearly seated but there could not have been any more than 2lbs in it. I could push down on the top of the tire and collapse the sidewall by 1/4 to 1/2 on the bottom.

Last edited by flight; 06-06-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-06-2010, 07:58 AM
jimmer13
Novice

The money you were spending and the state of the economy ; they should have been kissing your *** and bringing you donuts and coffee . Boots ,tourpac , labor . If they were polite and offered to wetsand upfront maybe , but they didn't .
I'm with you , poor service . I hope your trip went smooth .

Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Yea, I am with the OP on this one too, he dropped a TON of cash there, even though he didn't buy the tires from the dealer... sheesh.
I would have expected a little better service too... give them one more chance, and if you get treated less than you expect, don't go back.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:12 AM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The kind of some of the responses here is the reason many don't post but lurk. Nobody wants to get judged for their experience. The guy was just sharing what happened to him and right away judgments are made about his experience. Give the guy a break, he just needed to vent.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:15 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm with the OP on this one too.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,100 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Let your money do the talking...It usually is very clear...Don't worry about what people say on here...Opinions are like ******** we all have one. I would be pissed with the dealer too but if they buffed it and gave you a $50 OFF that is pretty good...Like somebody else said , give them another chance to redeem themselves and then make a judgement call....

Old 06-06-2010, 09:01 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

They offered to send the tour pack back, then buffed it (must not have been a huge scratch) and gave you $50 off (in addition to your original 10% discount).
They did everything they could do to make you happy, what is the problem?

I can believe no air in the tire (shouldn't happen but easy mistake). I mount and balance my own tires and always leave the old weights on until I check it. Sometimes I end up adding or removing one or two. Often it is fine as is.
Why would you want them to remove all the weights then add new ones just so you could remove them and put dyna beads in? Why tell the dealer that you are going to be putting dyna beads in at all?
You should have spent the $$$ you paid for labor on a set of spoons or a HF tire changing stand. In your situation the only thing you needed the dealer for was because you didn't have the tools to remove and reinstall tires on the rim.

So no problems with the boots or brake pads?

Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

If the dealer committed to get you a color-matched tour pak within 3 weeks and had it in two, they probably got the tour pak from another dealer using the parts locator function on HD's intranet that shows inventory for other dealers. Normal lead times promised for painted parts from HD would be 8-12 weeks. I mention this because it's likely that the tour pak left HD with the scratch or the original dealer who had the tour pak before your sellling dealer received it.

So you got a painted part with a scratch and the dealer tried to make it right for you. Based on what you described, I can't blame the selling dealer.

As for the tire balancing and inflation, someone screwed up. Unfortunate, sure and it does happen even at the best of shops.

Glad you got things sorted out and have a great trip.

Carl

Old 06-06-2010, 10:12 AM
flight
Tourer

Originally Posted by piasspj
They offered to send the tour pack back, then buffed it (must not have been a huge scratch) and gave you $50 off (in addition to your original 10% discount).
They did everything they could do to make you happy, what is the problem?

I can believe no air in the tire (shouldn't happen but easy mistake). I mount and balance my own tires and always leave the old weights on until I check it. Sometimes I end up adding or removing one or two. Often it is fine as is.
Why would you want them to remove all the weights then add new ones just so you could remove them and put dyna beads in? Why tell the dealer that you are going to be putting dyna beads in at all?
You should have spent the $$$ you paid for labor on a set of spoons or a HF tire changing stand. In your situation the only thing you needed the dealer for was because you didn't have the tools to remove and reinstall tires on the rim.

So no problems with the boots or brake pads?
No smart ***, no problems with the boots or the brake pads.

The concessions they made were not made up front, they prefered to argue about the fact that they already discounted it. I assure you if you dealt with their attitude you too would have been upset. The whole thing with the tourpack and the way that they responded was "We already gave you 10% off the initial purchase so its ok that it has a scratch"

At the end of the day I was happy with the outcome but disapointed with the path they had chosen to get there. I was simply venting. I never mentioned the dealer name to attempt to black ball them. Im not so disappointed that I will never go back there, as a matter of fact I called them that evening for more parts and will probably end up their today.

Steve

Old 06-06-2010, 02:35 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like it was kind of a shitty situation but the end result was satisfactory.....I Always tell my techs triple check everything before giving the vehicle back to the customer and we have caught ourselves making mistakes and if one mistake happens my asst. managers are authorized to make up to a $300.00 dollar descision to satisfy a customer including not even charging for the job if it is our mistake.
Over 120 vehicles a day coming thru even in these tough economic times.

Quick Reply: Bad dealer experience Twice in one day!!! Same dealer.