Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Blind Spot Mirrors ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010 | 11:16 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 76,049 Likes on 22,794 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I don't understand what "doing their job once" means. I have them on my bike since last November and they work fine.
They have several big pluses over the HD fairing mirrors.
1) they stick out a bit further
2) they're billet vs plastic
3) they're fully adjustable vs. impossible to tighten up (at the swivel)
4) they come with integrated LED turnsignals and you don't have to drill an additional hole for the wires unlike the chrome covers with turn signals for the HD ones, cause the wires run inside the stem.
It means saving your *** from possibly getting killed...you follow?

Old 06-06-2010 | 11:26 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadancer
I got the .79 cent ones from the local otto parts. The black plastic ring around them takes too much room and looks dorky, so after ruining one of them by prying the mirror part out, I got another and learned to either slowly pry them off or just get them started with a razor and leave overnight: it will be loose by morning.
A couple pieces of double sided tape and they haven't come off yet; even with a power washer.
I think they should be on every bike; HUGE safety factor!
edit: prying the mirror out quickly makes the reflective stuff rip off the back.
WOW, I shudder at the thought of using a power washer on a Bike!!! I can't believe anybody would do that?? As for the Blind spot mirrors, I don't like them, they look like chit! I adjust my mirrors so I see the blind spot's. It doesn't take but a slight head turn to see behind you. I always out of habit take a quick look to my side and behind before pulling out to pass or change lanes. JMO

Old 06-06-2010 | 11:37 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
It means saving your *** from possibly getting killed...you follow?
I see. I'm still alive so they must work. lol

Old 06-06-2010 | 11:48 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 76,049 Likes on 22,794 Posts

I was merging on I 90 and getting ready to make a move and pass a guy in the slow lane and just when I was getting ready to, along came a vehicle right by my left side and scared the **** out of me. In other words, there was no one in the lane to my left one second and the next second there was.. Had I chosen to make the move, there would be a good possiblity that I would not be here at this moment typing this out..

Old 06-06-2010 | 01:47 PM
NECaveman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a picture of the Kuryakyn PN 1456 Blind Spot Turn Signal Mirrors mounted on the inner fairing?

I installed the HD Split Vision Fairing Mounted Mirrors this spring. I am not really pleased with them. I cannot get the left one to stay in the same position as the right side mirror.

Old 06-06-2010 | 07:12 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
WOW, I shudder at the thought of using a power washer on a Bike!!! I can't believe anybody would do that?? As for the Blind spot mirrors, I don't like them, they look like chit! I adjust my mirrors so I see the blind spot's. It doesn't take but a slight head turn to see behind you. I always out of habit take a quick look to my side and behind before pulling out to pass or change lanes. JMO
There's a way to use a washer on a bike without filling your electrics with water - but I don't do it often.
As for looking bad, I totally, wholeheartedly disagree with you:

Old 06-06-2010 | 08:52 PM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
You can get them from HD. You don't want to rely on them too much though. It's pretty easy to get lazy about looking over your shoulder.
That's true, but there are a few of us that have broken many bones, including the neck (2X) that have difficulty looking over the shoulder sometimes. Makes all the difference in the world.

Last edited by motorcyclelockman; 06-06-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2010 | 02:14 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I kinda like the Kury fairing mount mirrors.. Would like to see more feedback on them........

Old 06-07-2010 | 02:32 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ya, I do know what you mean.

Originally Posted by motorcyclelockman
That's true, but there are a few of us that have broken many bones, including the neck (2X) that have difficulty looking over the shoulder sometimes. Makes all the difference in the world.
On a few occasions I use just the mirrors for quick lane changes when I have to avoid something in my lane. Sometimes, like another poster mentioned, there is no time to look over the shoulder.

Old 06-07-2010 | 07:58 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I take some issue with the idea of looking when you think you need to.
Point is, you should ALWAYS KNOW what is behind and beside you. "Taking a quick look" can be something done too late, when the squeeze is on. Nobody is going to keep looking back over their shoulder, but like the truckers do, it's easy to flash the eyes on the spots every 8-10 seconds to acknowledge something and it's location in relation to you. Once it's a habit, you don't even know you're doing it; you just know what's going on.

Don't get caught with your pants down.

Last edited by Quadancer; 06-07-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone use Blind Spot Mirrors ?