Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o7 electraglide low idle what is the fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default o7 electraglide low idle what is the fix?

not all the time but sometimes i will get a low idle after a run on the highway the idle will be around 700rpm sometimes it will last for the day sometimes two then it goes away, i have a pc5 on the bike but it does it without also.

anybody know what the fix is? thank`s Bill

Old 06-05-2010, 10:13 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm running into the exact same problem. Doesn't happen all the time, but after running on the hwy, coming to a stop, the idle drops low, voltage drops low, then after the bike comes to a complete stop, the idle and voltage comes back up and then is fine. I changed out the TPS (throttle position sensor) and it doesn't do it as often. I've heard that there's a new download for the ECM that helps with this idle problem but I haven't had a chance to deal with that yet. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 06-05-2010, 12:56 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mongomark
I'm running into the exact same problem. Doesn't happen all the time, but after running on the hwy, coming to a stop, the idle drops low, voltage drops low, then after the bike comes to a complete stop, the idle and voltage comes back up and then is fine. I changed out the TPS (throttle position sensor) and it doesn't do it as often. I've heard that there's a new download for the ECM that helps with this idle problem but I haven't had a chance to deal with that yet. Anyone else have this issue?
I hadn't heard about any ECU flash that addresses idle problems for '07s. Could you find out more about this?

Email me here and I'll send you TT410, which addresses this issue in '07s.